Mixed emotions
By pa350z2006 on
2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have had my 2012 for 1.5 years now and 25,000 miles later. No major issues to date that left me stranded, getting the AC noise hopefully fixed this friday and warped rotors already. What is concerning is the vibration at 70mph. I would be cautious when buying this car, there is something going on here with the cylinder deactivation system. My car was fine till around 23k and then all of a sudden I have vibration coming from the front into the steering wheel and car. Its not alot but can tell its from the engine. Set the car at cruise 70mph on flat road, let it start to climb uphill slowly in eco mode and you will feel the vibration.
Favorite Features
Tons and tons of space. Love the storage area in the cargo floor. I keep all my towing supplies in there, a small tool set, an air pump and more! Tons of cup holders for long drives and also the spaces to put things is great. I had looked at a 4 runner and really prefered that style however it had no place to put anything. Seats I believe are more comfortable than the current highlander.
Suggested Improvements
Need armrests without edges, would be nice to have a nice padded arm rest. Better cruise control unit that keeps you at the set speed and does not vary up and down. Toyota's never did this. HD radio standard.