2012 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Don't Believe Everything You R

2012 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Rear Entertainment)

Don't Believe Everything You Read
By djm21 on

2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Given the title, you may not want to believe this review either, but all I can say is that I have no motivation to make this up. The biggest gripe about our now 1 month old 2012 pilot is the horrible ride due to this crazy ECO / VCM (Variable Cylinder Mgmnt) thing they have designed in it to save gas. You can research more on the internet yourself, but the shuddering that happens when cruzing is very annoying. Constant acceleration is smooth, but cruzing, is shudder city. Feels like driving 25mph in 6th speed. I can't believe Edmunds wrote "Pros: Impressive fuel economy; pleasant ride..." in their review. Are you kidding me? and I haven't seen more than 21mpg yet either .

Roomy Decent standard features Cargo Space Steering

OMG: get rid of the VCM (Variable Cylinder Mgmnt) thing. IT makes for a absolutely bad ride. Need flat cargo area
By hondasucks5
on 03/29/12 16:45 PM (PDT)

This car is a true disappointment. The car shudders, the quality is not there. The customer service is horrible. I bought this car new and have had it two weeks. The car has had trouble starting. The company acknowledges the problem, but offers no solution. They have taken my money and will not stand behind their product. I have been told to keep turning the key, eventually it will start. It's "safe" to drive. Really?!

By solo
on 03/26/12 10:35 AM (PDT)

I too have the annoying shudder. There must be a code to negate this "feature". Also for the touring to advertise 650 watt radio is absurd. Very poor sound. The subwoofer is gauged to the base setting. Never saw this before. Very disappointed.