2012 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Nav, Rear Entertainment Consumer Review - 2nd one and love it

2012 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Review

2nd one and love it even more.
By thomasj106 on

2012 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot is spacious and is loaded with features. The Nav system interface has improved dramatically. The new phone integration into the system is so much better than the 2010 model. Fuel economy is better in my new 4WD version that it was in my 2010 FWD. Amazing. Drawbacks to me include: 1) Acceleration/HP could be a little better, although acceleration has improved over the 2010. 2) The braking feels worse. In bumper to bumper I was nervous about stopping. 3) The Nav's turn-by-turn has added a glitch. Exit warnings come up too early. I got off an exit twice because the system showed me getting off two exits ahead. 4) Voice recognition seems problematic now, but wasn't before.

Favorite Features

Nav interface. Phone interface. iPod interface way better than 2010's. Bluetooth audio. Song/artist by voice. Back-up camera improvement. Sound deadening and road noise way better than 2010 model. Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

1) Put the compass back on the dash. I don't always have the Navi screen up. 2) Storage drawer under passenger seat missing. That was a great place to store the vehicles books. 3) Move microphone to just above speedometer for better voice recognition. I talk straight ahead while I drive. The mic in the ceiling to my right is just stupid. It picks ups air vent and windshield noise and is not getting direct input from my voice.