2012 Honda Pilot Touring SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2012 Pilot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Sort Reviews by

Hurray Pilot
By runeye

2012 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot is a decent SUV. The acceleration is pretty good for an SUV though you really have to rev it if you want the full power of the startup torque. Highway driving is fun with this vehicle as the gear changes are smooth. Spacious interior with quality leather and the foldable backseat help since I carry heavy equipment with the work I do. I don't really use the entertainment much unless I have friedns with me. The Nav system works well and efficiently. My only issue with the vehicle was for a while, the Hold button on my key wasn't opening the trunk and I had to do it manually. Then a week later, it would work, and then stop working. But now it seems that problem is gone.

Road trip
By mcallen1309

2012 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just got back from a 4100 mile road trip through 5 states with 3 kids my wife and I. The Pilot was roomy enough and handled very well. I was impressed having owned suburbans and excursions before. Gas mileage was good. I don't like the way audio controls are set up and that you can't dim the dashboard lights at night, Honda should change these things. The seats were uncomfortable after 10 hours of driving but I don't know many seats that would be. But if something can be done ,please change it. Great overall.

Favorite Features

Space, gas mileage, audio sound.

Suggested Improvements

Comfortable seats , adjustable dimming of dashboard lights, wider tires.

Great Car - Great Dealer
By paul_sb

2012 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

SUV is awesome, i got this for my wife but i am always stealing it on her. Back-up cam and NAV are great. Moon roof is great especially in summer. I drove some big executives that normally drive Mercedes and Lexus, to a golf tournament this summer and they were blown away by the Pilot. I got this SUV through DCH Honda in Paramus, great group of people over there. They offered me the most competitive price around, without any haggling. The process was quick, painless and everyone was very pleasant. If you like Honda's and want to make sure you are taken care of fairly and by a car dealer you can trust, do yourself a favor and go straight to DCH Paramus.