Very good family hauler
By lscico on
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Bought to replace Toyota sienna. Owned two of those over 8 years. Never again. Bought for my wife but I use when taking older kids to games, trips etc. For long trips it's excellent. Great visibility, very comfortable. A bit of road noise. Good power. MPG is good, considering. I've characterized it pretty good over several trips. From Boston to central NY got 23-26 mpg @ ~75mph depending on weather, traffic. If I drop speed to 65 mph I get 27-28. Driving around NE I keep it at 60 and Consistently get high 20s. Around city it's more like 19, if I'm careful and 17-18 if not. My wife pays no attention to mpg and she averages 19 mpg over 3000 miles long term mostly city, some highway
Favorite Features
Comfortable and spacious. Great kid hauler. Wonderful for long trips. 4 th Honda over 20 years. I won't look at anything other than Honda/Acura. Sticker was 37k. Got for 32k in 2010 when things were slow.
Suggested Improvements
No blueTooth for car close to 40k. That's ridiculous. Not quite as bank vault tight as previous hondas but otherwise excellent build. Less road noise please.