The 3rd Honda in our auto stable of 3
By nyccarguy on
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We are expecting our 3rd child in December and neither my wife's 2010 Acura TSX nor my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH is going to cut the mustard for our growing family. We need a vehicle that had 4WD or AWD, lots of cargo capacity, 3 rows of seats, but above all else have 3 sets of LATCHes in the 2nd row. The Pilot fit the bill perfectly. We've had it for 12 days and have already put over 1,000 miles on it. It rides comfortably, provides decent steering feedback, has tons of passenger space & cargo space. It doesn't get the best expert reviews, but look at the consumer reviews. Drive a Pilot and you'll see that it fits your lifestyle.
Favorite Features
Flat folding seats, 3rd row of seats, LATCHes for 3 Child Safety seats across the 2nd row (& one set in the 3rd row), Backup Camera, Navigation, Ride, Handling, Sharp looking 5 spoke wheels, Climate Control, Lots of storage, comfortable seats, 4WD. Everything I need & wanted with an MSRP of just over $38K. As far as I'm concerned, nothing else in the segment touches it.
Suggested Improvements
Gas Mileage could be improved with a 6 or 8 speed automatic transmission, but at what cost (Transmissions are a lot more expensive than gasoline, even at $4+ per gallon). It isn't a sports car, but a few more ponies under the hood wouldn't hurt. Right now the 250 hp is fine.