So disappointing
By mbeach on
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
After 7 months of car shopping, I finally bought a Honda Pilot. Planned on having for years. Bought in June 2010 and looking to replace although will lose money. The seats are so uncomfortable it ruins the entire experience. Not adjustable and C shaped in the upper back with headrest pushing head forward. Long rides are unbearable. I am 5'7" and husband 6'0" and cannot adjust to either of us. Sunroof not consistent and back hatch inside fascia came up already. Cannot see paying for something that cannot ever get comfortable in. Looking at a Kia Sorento, so disappointed in my purchase and looking at options, ruined my impression of Honda as this was my first.
Favorite Features
options, 3 rows, size
Suggested Improvements
Change the seats and headrests! People are not shaped like the letter C! Even the arm placement while driving is off at the elbows. Cannot believe this made it to market without comment/complaints. I plan on telling EVERYONE! They are not fully adjustable seats! (leather package)
By walk_the_walk2
on 01/12/11 06:55 AM (PST)

I just bought an 011 Pilot this month and love the ride and the seats are fine for me, but i know what you mean about headrests. I rented a Ford Flex last year for a family vacation and my wife and I were miserable because the head rests push your head forward and give you a crick in the neck on long drives. Haven't done a long drive in my Pilot yet, but will keep an eye out for this... I think the problem is that the US govt. has asked car mfgrs. to redesign head rests to prevent whiplash, at the expense of driver comfort. Before you trade in your Pilot have you considered buying some older Pilot headrests on Ebay to see if they are more comfortable? This might be the answer for you, and I'll bet the holes will line up just fine. If that does not work, we rented an AWD Kia Sorrento last week for a trip to the Smokies and loved it. It was VERY comfortable and seemed really well made. Gas mileage on it wasn't great, but it was a solid and comfortable ride and the interior seemed well designed. I would have bought a Sorrento instead, as they are cheaper, but it is not big enough for our purposes.