SHAME on HONDA!
By ewell1 on
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Between my wife and I we have had 5 Hondas. Gas milage in the previous four models exceeded the MPG window label. With the 2011 Pilot which is advertised at 16 to 23, I am getting 13 to 19. Owned the car just a month and had a recall already...bolts on front end needed to be tightened...wheels might come off they said!!! To be fair...I love the car. It rides like a dream and has so much room. But I will hold Honda to a high standard...I expect no more problems...if I do I will make certain to let everyone know. Honda lied about the gas milage on this car. Shame on them!
Favorite Features
Drives like a dream. Tons of room. Very, very comfortable for long trips.
Suggested Improvements
Gas milage is not what was advertised...better gas milage and more pep...Honda needs to compensate its customers for misleading them on the gas milage. No more recalls!! Honda reliability needs to be there in the future...if not filling the car up with lemons and going to Times Square to make a statement...Honda needs to tell the truth on their window sticker regarding the gas milage...let's see how good Honda is on customer relations and pr and see if they read this and make a long time customer who has been jolted a happy customer again...not very happy right now...
By corevalue
on 09/23/11 09:46 AM (PDT)

Mine has 19.3mile/gal for 267.3miles mixed local and highway. However, the milage meter gives a number of 20.6miles/gal. Will continue monitor it.

By corevalue
on 10/05/11 09:05 AM (PDT)

The 534.6miles travel was on the highway. I will continue to monitor it.

By corevalue
on 10/05/11 09:03 AM (PDT)

My Honda Pilot EX model has 19.33mile/gal for 267.3miles mixed local and highway, which consumed 13.827gals gas. However, the milage meter gives a number of 20.6miles/gal. There is 1.27miles/gal difference between real mileage and meter mileage. Convert the difference into the gas volume, it has total 0.91 gals gas disappeared. I have traveled 534.6miles with gas consumption 24.461 gals. The mileage is 21.86miles/gal. However, the meter shows 22.6miles/gal. There is 0.74gals/mile difference. Convert the difference into the gas volume, it has total 0.83 gals gas disappeared. So, is it possible that my gas tank has a leakage? I have several experience of checking gas cap light on at high temperature days.

By ewell1
on 01/15/11 12:13 PM (PST)

To the folks at Honda...I will continue to update how my 2011 Pilot does. I am just very disappointed a car that I have had just a month already had a recall and the gas milage is a lie. I expect much more from you. I have an s2k that has been flawless and has lived up to how the car was promoted. That is what I expect from my Pilot. Ewell Smith