2011 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Rear Entertainment Consumer Review - One word for this suv.

2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Review

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One word for this suv. Cheap!
By cessna100 on

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the Pilot EX-L/RES 2 weeks. My 3rd Pilot. Traded a 2006 MDX. The 06 MDX is a MUCH better car. Very disappointing Honda. The interior fit and finish has to much hard cheap looking plastic. The ride is average but the road noise is terrible. 102.3 decibels peak at 60 mph (unofficial). The average was 92.6. I keep looking to see if I left a window open. Have Michelin LTX A/T2 tires. Very loud! Poor gas mileage. ECM is useless on this car. Works great in the Accord.

Favorite Features

Nice sound system as long as your listening in the garage. Room and storage.

Suggested Improvements

Dump the ECM system and gear the 5 speed transmission the same as the MDX or replace with a 6 speed transmission. It will give more power and better mileage. Improve the sound insulation. And please go back to the 06 - 08 pilot interior fit and finish. This interior is horrid. Return touch screen.
By giantfan2
on 03/06/11 11:12 AM (PST)

Wow, this is the second review I have read that has bogus dosimeter readings. A 7000 horsepower gas fired turbine has db readings around 105 db standing next to it. No way you hit 102db in a vehicle. Over 85 db and OSHA could get involved. Too funny.

By nwfinder
on 03/23/12 17:07 PM (PDT)

Maybe it's their best guess home biscuit. I've ridden in a Pilot and can tell you after about an hour it FEELS LIKE 102db!!!!