2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Not a race car and not a V8

2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

Not a race car and not a V8
By John S on

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took a few miles for the VCM to settle in but after @200 miles it seems less jerky. I'm 5'11" and wish the seat went back a little further (leg room may become an issue on long trip)Will have to see how that works out. Moved from a 2000 Tahoe V8 and don't expect this to have the same acceleration or power. I am pleased with all else so far. Drives like an SUV. I've owned many Hondas in the past and hope this one lives up to the reputation of my previous Hondas. It rides great and is quiet running. Goodyear tires. Lots of room. Like the fold down 3rd row seats. I'll be towing a Motorcycle trailer soon. Will see how that works out too.

My EX-L has lots of really nice features that I am learning to use (58yoa) I think I'll keep the XM subscription. Glad I didn't pay for the NAV system or rear entertainment system (don't have many rear seat passengers now days.) I really appreciated the heated Leather seats now too.

Make sure that the trailer wiring is a standard installed with the hitch. Pain to have to come back and have it added. The compartments should have the Dividers as standard and cross bars on rack standard too. Have a V8 model option or beef up the V6 and better gas mileage would be nice.