Last Honda
By cessna100 on
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
From 2006 MDX Touring(Best car I have ever owned)to the Pilot. Very poor sound engineering. On 3rd set of Michelin tires and still loud road noise. 85 decibels at 60 mph. 95 to 105 decibels at 70 mph! To much hard plastic on the inside. Poor fit and finish. The VCM operation is rough. The 2007-8 Pilot is the better car. Test drove the 2011 Touring model with Michelin LTX M/S2. Very quite and nice ride. Poor fuel mileage. The VCM system works great in the Accord. The Pilot is to heavy for the VCM system to be effective.
Favorite Features
Great stereo when not moving. Honda reliability. Comfortable seats. Cargo room.
Suggested Improvements
Drop the VCM system and go with 6 speed transmission. Give more power and better fuel mileage. Fix the road noise problem (without buying a MDX).
By giantfan2
on 03/06/11 11:05 AM (PST)

I think you need your dosimeter calibrated. I work around gas turbines and you would need muffed hearing protection at 105db. Perhaps just a slight exaggeration? I agree the road noise is a bit high, but very tollerable.

By nwfinder
on 03/21/12 17:30 PM (PDT)

The recent road trip I took in a Pilot had me screaming over the road noise so the people in the second row could hear me. My ears rang all night long from the residual road noise banging around in my head.