Great SUV for what it is.
By TMG on
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have been very happy with the Pilot overall. Seats are comfortable, I don't think they would be if you are overweight, I'm 6'2", 210 lbs. I don't find the ECO mode annoying, you can notice on the highway when it changes but, not after it rides the same, doesn't affect acceleration. It does have a rougher ride than I expected, more like an SUV than car or crossover. Gas mileage isn't great but you know that going in, we average about 17 mpg. The interior is nice and very functional. It is not a Lexus! To all the people complaining and comparing to other SUVs, spend the extra 10K, 20K or more and then you'll have what your looking for. Great car overall, no mechanical problems yet.
Favorite Features
Love the third row, it's why we got the Pilot. When you want a functional third row and no minivan your options go way down and we liked the Pilot the best. Can't beat the reliability. Remember more people write reviews that are unhappy, happy people don't care.
Suggested Improvements
Wish the lift gate hydraulics were a little better, slow to open and close. Roof racks were a pain to get on, but that is due to the directions not being accurate. Gas mileage could be better. Hard to see windshield wiper and light controls at night. Only driver side door unlocks when you stop.