2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/N
By 5thhonda on 08/16/10 20:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car and she loves it a lot. I really enjoy driving it. It's very spacious. No regrets. I have the sunroof issue and made an appointment to have it fixed.

Just got one
By Charles on 08/11/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife just bought it. I went for a test ride and a good first ride in it. I was pleased with everything I saw, heard and felt. I've read about sunroof issues but this is to new to tell. I drove the Traverse and didn't like it. Other reviews will talk about acceleration. Well if you want to jump off the line you should get a sports car. These are family haulers. Yes, gas mileage should be attacked by the Honda engineers. 25 to 30 highway. The technology is out there. While everyone will not be pleased, take a good test ride and shop around. You'll find the Honda fits your needs and that's what counts in the end. It's about what you require in an SUV.

Love It
By David on 08/10/10 14:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Shopped and shopped and drove every "competitor": Mazda CX-L, Toyota Highlander, Ford Explorer, GMC Acadia. My conclusion: while other car makers try to imitate each other, Honda builds something truly smart. We were unimpressed with how the other vehicles accommodated our family of 2 adults 3 children. Once we sat in a Pilot and drove it we were completely sold. No comparison in the roominess and comfort department. Very quiet, solid drive - doesn't feel like a truck, but feels much more substantial than a car. We're getting about 16 mpg around town and 23 hwy - good enough for me. I've never driven anything I've enjoyed so much.

Pilot 2011
By Tushar on 08/04/10 08:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is very spacious. The space utilization and storage spaces are beating everyone in its peers. The exterior is very stylish and impressive.

Second Pilot Purchase
By Chris DeLuca on 07/29/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this truck on 7/22/2010. The ride is very smooth, and it's fun to drive. I understand the gas mileage is not the best, but you take that into consideration when you buy a larger SUV. Had a 2007 Pilot and loved it, just traded it in for a new 2011. Best reason to buy a Honda is the resale value and reliability! My last Pilot, all I had to do is change the oil and rotate the tires, very low cost of ownership.

Lovin' My Pilot
By jayceebee on 07/29/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

We've had this Pilot since the end of March 2010. So far the driving experience has been great with the exception of the poor gas mileage (14.4 in the city), some misunderstandings with voice recognition, and sunroof not closing at times. We have taken it back to to dealer with ref.to the sunroof and it was reset. (We still experience the roof not closing on occasion.) Otherwise the drive is nice & comfy, gadgets are good, exterior is strong, and interior is roomy. We've taken road trips with the the dog and other family and you can't beat the space or comfort.

A great car overall
By TBell on 07/27/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been very pleased so far with our new pilot. Only complaint is build quality, as I expect perfection when purchasing a new car. Two issues since purchase two months ago. Large gouge on interior door at delivery and now the paint is peeling off bumper. Dealer fixed door, but just noticed the paint problem.

2011 Pilot: A nice upgrade
By AJA on 07/27/10 10:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had this a month now (EX-L w/NAV) and am enjoying it. Yes, there are a lot of buttons on the dash, but you have a CD changer, iPod connection, XM satellite, & AM/FM radio, so I would expect that. Fortunately, these controls are easily worked with controls on the steering wheel! Built in Bluetooth is a nice feature as is the back-up camera mounted over the lic. plate. Leather seats are comfortable and the 8-way driver's side seat is also nice. There is an issue with the moonroof not closing automatically, but I don't mind holding the button for it to close until they have a fix for it. Gas mileage is not great thus far, but I didn't expect it to be the same as my CR-V. Overall, very happy.

Pilot engine is up roaring...
By hondaguy on 07/19/10 08:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving my brand new Honda Pilot 2011 EX-L with DVD, I felt like the engine is up roaring when driving with speed < 60 mph. if I drive more than 60 mph then engine is kind of smoother. I haven't noticed the noisy engine after driving ~ 3000 miles on it. Will bring back to dealer to check if there is any problem with the engine. And I hate to go back to the dealer since all I heard "work as expected" but it does NOT.

Honda Pilot Sunroof problem
By hondaguy on 07/18/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After getting a lot of hassle from purchasing a Honda Pilot, the sunroof still does not work well. Dealer reset once and worked for a while now I got the same problem again: sunroof can not be closed all the way when it opened. Driving this Pilot for a month, too much noise, specially the road noise so terrible. I did a drive test again on Toyota Highlander and so much quiet. Gas mileage is not so good ~ 15 mpg in city, ~20 mpg on freeway. Well, thinking of trading this Pilot and get the Highlander. Wasted my money on his Honda.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$134 per month*