Used 2011 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Better than the rest!!...no really!
By andonakis

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at all the competing mid-size SUVs and we narrowed it down to the final 3: Maxda cx-9, Toyota Highlander, and the Honda Pilot.
The Pilot was last on her list.(Don't know why) When the dealers gave us the cars to keep over night, the Pilot became the instant favored. The Mazda was a close second and the Highlander...well it didn't even compare. Sorry Toyota. The reason is simple. To us, the Pilot just felt like an SUV. What we mean is it drives like an SUV, it was comfortable like an SUV and it looks like an SUV. We are coming from a BMW X5 so our experience with the Pilot is not exaggerated, it truly is a wonderful car. Thank you Honda!!

The sound system is out of this world. I called the dealer to find out what type of system and speakers they use because Honda does not say on their site. They told me it was alpine all the way around. Wow is all I can say! Best factory system I ever heard!

Not much. It would be nice the dash board to be made from softer material instead of hard plastic. Improve the voice commands. My wife and I were dying laughing and at the same time frustrated when we say one thing it would say something else. Oh well.

Great Choice!
By carnutt2

I purchased my Pilot about two weeks ago, after doing months of research, driving loads of other SUV's crossovers and simply think I made a fantastic decision.
I almost bought the Volvo's XC-90 or the 60, but the reliability of the 90 was in doubt, and the smallness and overpriced 60 turned me away.
The dealer was very accomadating, kept to the price, which I started off by using USAA.... then going lower then that.
I bought the 4x4 Touring, in blue, and each time I drive it, I feel I made a great choice! It feels substantial, well made and usre footed when behind the wheel. The pick-up is always there, with more power ready when needed. Please test drive the Pilot,last, and you'll buy it!!!

The well made interior, and multi-functional ,very comfortable seats. I have every feature available, and feel like everything is well made, and sturdy, which after driving the DODGE, you'll see what I mean...The tires are Michelins, and Navi very eay to use.

I would say most automobile manufacturers are going to some type of Synch, or On-Star system, so Honda, its time to get with that program. But ,with the Navi, blue tooth, i feel I am almost there... but its comiong soon, hopefully.

It's a great vehicle
By rkhamilton920

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased mine in May, 2010. I already have 12,000 miles on it and I am quite pleased. It's everything I expected. Comfortable commuter car - although I would think Honda could do better on the fuel economy (getting 18-19 MPG overall). I really like all the room and the utility of the vehicle - exactly why I bought it. The navigation system is fine - sure wish they had live traffic though (possible upgrade??). Finally, I'd say that the only downside has been the sheer size of the vehicle has intimidated my wife from driving it. It does have a pretty wide footprint! All in all I am really glad I purchased it - I am a huge Honda fan.

width of the cockpit; legroom in second row

better fuel economy

SHAME on HONDA!
By ewell1

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Between my wife and I we have had 5 Hondas.
Gas milage in the previous four models exceeded the MPG window label. With the 2011 Pilot which is advertised at 16 to 23,
I am getting 13 to 19.
Owned the car just a month and had a recall already...bolts on front end needed to be tightened...wheels might come off they said!!!

To be fair...I love the car.
It rides like a dream and has so much room.
But I will hold Honda to a high standard...I expect no more problems...if I do I will make certain to let everyone know.
Honda lied about the gas milage on this car. Shame on them!

Drives like a dream. Tons of room. Very, very comfortable for long trips.

Gas milage is not what was advertised...better gas milage and more pep...Honda needs to compensate its customers for misleading them on the gas milage. No more recalls!! Honda reliability needs to be there in the future...if not filling the car up with lemons and going to Times Square to make a statement...Honda needs to tell the truth on their window sticker regarding the gas milage...let's see how good Honda is on customer relations and pr and see if they read this and make a long time customer who has been jolted a happy customer again...not very happy right now...

Ride
By gdion

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like my pilot I was excited to get it but I am disappointed in the ride.
It seems that when you take it above 55 mph it has a vibration just enought to annoy you while your driving.
I have taken my Pilot back several times, it has 3000 miles on it, they have replace the tires, rims, reblanced and road balanced the tires and it still there.
Unfortunatley I have made a complaint to Honda and hopefully they will help me out.
If any of you have the same problem please let me know but it seems like I may have a LEMON!

Ride is awful