Used 2011 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

SHAME on HONDA!
By ewell1

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Between my wife and I we have had 5 Hondas. Gas milage in the previous four models exceeded the MPG window label. With the 2011 Pilot which is advertised at 16 to 23, I am getting 13 to 19. Owned the car just a month and had a recall already...bolts on front end needed to be tightened...wheels might come off they said!!! To be fair...I love the car. It rides like a dream and has so much room. But I will hold Honda to a high standard...I expect no more problems...if I do I will make certain to let everyone know. Honda lied about the gas milage on this car. Shame on them!

Favorite Features

Drives like a dream. Tons of room. Very, very comfortable for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Gas milage is not what was advertised...better gas milage and more pep...Honda needs to compensate its customers for misleading them on the gas milage. No more recalls!! Honda reliability needs to be there in the future...if not filling the car up with lemons and going to Times Square to make a statement...Honda needs to tell the truth on their window sticker regarding the gas milage...let's see how good Honda is on customer relations and pr and see if they read this and make a long time customer who has been jolted a happy customer again...not very happy right now...

Ride
By gdion

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like my pilot I was excited to get it but I am disappointed in the ride. It seems that when you take it above 55 mph it has a vibration just enought to annoy you while your driving. I have taken my Pilot back several times, it has 3000 miles on it, they have replace the tires, rims, reblanced and road balanced the tires and it still there. Unfortunatley I have made a complaint to Honda and hopefully they will help me out. If any of you have the same problem please let me know but it seems like I may have a LEMON!

Suggested Improvements

Ride is awful

Middle/End of the pack? Waitaminute folks!
By crgeorgia

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an '08 RDX for an '11 EX-L 12/22/10. Came close to ignoring the Pilot after reading the editors review. We had an '05, so visited the local Honda dealer for a test drive. Bought it immediately after. Here is my take after a 1200 mile round trip from GA to FL (7.5 hrs ea way). Performance, acceleration, handling, and braking are fine. It is relatively quiet, quite comfortable, and a pleasure to drive on a long trip. We got 22.8 mpg with a new engine & cruise set @ 77-83. Center stack does have a lot of buttons; but, the layout is quite logical rendering it a non-issue. The vehicle also features outstanding reliability and owner satisfaction over the long term (check Consumer Reports).

Favorite Features

Solid ride, regular fuel, lots of room, quiet, and comfortable. Nearly 23 mpg at speed with a new engine (performance should improve a little as the engine actually wears in). My wife adores it.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see Bluetooth standard in a $34k vehicle. We fixed the problem with a $75 aftermarket device; but, I was surprised to find it not part of the EX-L package. However, in fairness, I was also completely surprised to find (as I was loading for our FL trip) a trailer hitch standard in the EX-L package.

Love it
By gdog477

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got the car about 1 month ago. It has been a pleasure! It's very comfortable and a big upgrade for me coming from a 04 Accord dx.

Favorite Features

*Leather seats *Nice trip computer *TPMS (tire pressure monitor sys) *Easy to drive unlike similar sized cars *great in the snow!

Suggested Improvements

*Better Fuel Economy (but hey, it's an SUV) *6 Speed Automatic Transmission would help with MPG *Auto Liftgate should be standard *Memory Seat setting should be standard

Great SUV for what it is.
By TMG

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very happy with the Pilot overall. Seats are comfortable, I don't think they would be if you are overweight, I'm 6'2", 210 lbs. I don't find the ECO mode annoying, you can notice on the highway when it changes but, not after it rides the same, doesn't affect acceleration. It does have a rougher ride than I expected, more like an SUV than car or crossover. Gas mileage isn't great but you know that going in, we average about 17 mpg. The interior is nice and very functional. It is not a Lexus! To all the people complaining and comparing to other SUVs, spend the extra 10K, 20K or more and then you'll have what your looking for. Great car overall, no mechanical problems yet.

Favorite Features

Love the third row, it's why we got the Pilot. When you want a functional third row and no minivan your options go way down and we liked the Pilot the best. Can't beat the reliability. Remember more people write reviews that are unhappy, happy people don't care.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the lift gate hydraulics were a little better, slow to open and close. Roof racks were a pain to get on, but that is due to the directions not being accurate. Gas mileage could be better. Hard to see windshield wiper and light controls at night. Only driver side door unlocks when you stop.