2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
My 1st Honda
By Debbie on 09/01/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the Pilot. It replaced a 1999 Toyota 4Runner with 190,000 miles. What a dream. Great road presence. Love the color (Cherry Pearl). All I hear is "Love Your Pilot"! Comfortable, smooth, quiet ride. Found the MPG sweet spot, 75 MPH and set the cruise - 22 MPG is awesome for this size of a vehicle. Want better? - then buy the Highlander Hybrid.

Great Car
By JIPS on 08/31/10 06:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is a great improvement over 2007. Rides very well and fund to drive. The rear hatch window is a real nice adjustment. Like day light lights. Sound system is very good. I particularly like shift right in front and easy to work particularly in comparison to 2007 that took three men and a boy to shift. Love back up camera on rear view mirror

Will Buy another Pilot in 7 yrs
By 4th Honda on 08/28/10 20:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Honda I have purchased. I went from a 89 Prelude, 2 Accords (98 and 05) and this is my first Honda SUV I bought. Had a 05 Subaru Forrester and a 03 Ford Explorer. This blows the doors off the Explorer and it is fun to drive. You cannot go wrong with this SUV. For big guys like myself it is spacious!!

Can I return it?
By Tracyp on 08/27/10 10:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle a week ago and typically you are suppose to be excited when you get a new car but I can't seem to get there. Here is what I have noticed so far. It drives great and has a very smooth ride but for the price I think it is missing a lot of features that should be standard. To get blue tooth or a better stereo you have to purchase the $2000 navigation system. Unless you can afford to purchase the Touring model I would look elsewhere but I'll bet in that price range other models would still have better features. Honda claims that you get more at trade-in for their vehicles, I hope so because I don't think I will own this long.

A Great SUV
By Tommy P on 08/27/10 09:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pilot nearly 3 months and I absolutely love it. Very comfortable interior and a great driving position. No problems with gas mileage. I don't have a heavy foot and my overall for 3700 miles is 20.2 mpg. I had a Tahoe, so I picked up about 3.5 mpg. Very good road feel. Very roomy. I've had no reason to take it into the dealership. I would buy again! It's everything I expected out of a Honda.

2011 Pilot-4WD EX-L/Navigation
By Pat on 08/25/10 04:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We spent months looking for the right SUV to replace our Suburban and came up with the Pilot. It was all about price point and features. Excellent cargo room and seating. Fast enough for us with a comfortable, stable, secure ride. Would not hesitate to buy this car again.

Honda Legacy Continues
By Stephanie on 08/24/10 21:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just picked up my ninth Honda car product in 30 years! I am thrilled with my new Honda Pilot! It compliments my current 2001 Honda CR-V and 2004 Acura (translate super Honda) MDX-all under the same garage roof. I shopped for different car types, dealers, and manufacturers over the past year. As difficult as it was to will my aging MDX to my daughter at college, my new Pilot more than makes up for the move. It has more standard features than I paid for in my Acura. It also rides more solid and quieter! The standard sound system is stellar and the room for hauling up and down Highway 81 to Blacksburg, VA will come in very handy indeed!

2nd Pilot
By Branton on 08/20/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This 2011 Touring Pilot has all of the bells and whistles, that make it a fun car to drive. Easy to a road trip in this vehicle. More room then a Chevy or Ford SUV crossover. The new pilot is bigger than our 2008 Pilot we traded in. The veh rides nice, handles corners and highway exit ramps nice. Feels close to the ground, not like its about to flip. Never had any issue with the sunroof. Out in heavy downpours, and never had a problem. Love the service from Bill Kay Honda. Sales staff and shop techs are the best I have ever dealt with. Good management at this Honda dealer.

2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/N
By 5thhonda on 08/16/10 20:39 PM (PDT)

This is my wife's car and she loves it a lot. I really enjoy driving it. It's very spacious. No regrets. I have the sunroof issue and made an appointment to have it fixed.

Just got one
By Charles on 08/11/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife just bought it. I went for a test ride and a good first ride in it. I was pleased with everything I saw, heard and felt. I've read about sunroof issues but this is to new to tell. I drove the Traverse and didn't like it. Other reviews will talk about acceleration. Well if you want to jump off the line you should get a sports car. These are family haulers. Yes, gas mileage should be attacked by the Honda engineers. 25 to 30 highway. The technology is out there. While everyone will not be pleased, take a good test ride and shop around. You'll find the Honda fits your needs and that's what counts in the end. It's about what you require in an SUV.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*