Used 2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Like it so far...
By buff1480

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had it for about a week now and my family loves it.
I've only driven sports coupes and sedans up to this point so the fun-factor is definitely lacking.
But it is a very comfortable car for a fairly large family (have a 6 year old and 5 year old, expecting another in December).

Back-up Camera embedded in rear view mirror, seat folding options, tri-zone climate control.

Honestly, the one thing I don't like inside the car are the buttons that control the climate control. Looks very cheap. Also, acceleration lags. A stronger engine may be called for with the size of the vehicle being so large now.

The 3rd Honda in our auto stable of 3
By nyccarguy

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are expecting our 3rd child in December and neither my wife's 2010 Acura TSX nor my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH is going to cut the mustard for our growing family.
We need a vehicle that had 4WD or AWD, lots of cargo capacity, 3 rows of seats, but above all else have 3 sets of LATCHes in the 2nd row.
The Pilot fit the bill perfectly.
We've had it for 12 days and have already put over 1,000 miles on it.
It rides comfortably, provides decent steering feedback, has tons of passenger space & cargo space.
It doesn't get the best expert reviews, but look at the consumer reviews.
Drive a Pilot and you'll see that it fits your lifestyle.

Flat folding seats, 3rd row of seats, LATCHes for 3 Child Safety seats across the 2nd row (& one set in the 3rd row), Backup Camera, Navigation, Ride, Handling, Sharp looking 5 spoke wheels, Climate Control, Lots of storage, comfortable seats, 4WD. Everything I need & wanted with an MSRP of just over $38K. As far as I'm concerned, nothing else in the segment touches it.

Gas Mileage could be improved with a 6 or 8 speed automatic transmission, but at what cost (Transmissions are a lot more expensive than gasoline, even at $4+ per gallon). It isn't a sports car, but a few more ponies under the hood wouldn't hurt. Right now the 250 hp is fine.

Honda Ya SOLD me.....Again
By billbert

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my 10 civic exl navi for 11 LX 4WD ..Our 20th honda since 19804..Great bang for the buck (lease)..Does it all well so far.. Looking forward to miles of smiles.. getting 17 -20 so far..guessing to 25 on trips...Nice comfortable supportive seats.. 8 pass ..quiet for a suv/truck.600 a year less to insure than civic...wife loves it and has no problem wheeling it around..exact same length width as out 06 shorty caravan... nicely optioned /bult and quality for 359 month 3yr/36k lease... have had 2 burbs/ 4 runner/blazer..my guts feeling is this will top em all..will tow 4500 lb s too!!! IMO looks great in white also..I dont think I d swap my brother for his Platinum Sequoia at 55k for value

build quality performs nice for V6.. edmunds says it a little slow.. run the pedal down ..its moves just fine low wind noise at speed even with good sized mirrrors..mine vehichle shows zero problems so far..

Bluetooth for all hondas..I cant imagine how many sales they will miss for a 20 dollar across the product line addition..safety and MORE sales ...penny wise and pound foolish Honda..

From Alaska to Michigan!! LOVE IT!
By natenapril

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car from Kendall of Fairbanks and 3 weeks later drove it to Michigan.
LOVE the car.
Great trip thanks to this car.
I am 6' and my husband is 6'4" and we were very comfortable. We have 3 children who have no problem fitting. I LOVE the back up camera.

back up camera, turning radius, quality build

none

Great change of pace at good price, excellent performance.
By cajuncooker

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving a '98 Explorer, '99 Olds Silhouette, (Pilot replaced), and my wife's '08 Tribute; what a change.
Looking for something to give us driveability, comfort, roominess that could replace a minivan, but yet give us the versatility of a SUV.
Enter the Pilot.
After researching and driving the Equinox, Edge, Acadia, CX-9, Santa Fe, Murano, Highlander and Explorer, the Pilot just offered so much more for the value.
Our first Honda, we have been very pleased.
A much roomier, comfortable vehicle the Pilot is heads above the competition.
Comforatable quite rider, great handling and reasonable mileage, I would highly recommend the Pilot.

Interior roominess and convenience; many cupholders, and cubbie holes, versatility of seating/cargo configurations; very comfortable ride and terrific handling. Many features included that are cost extras on the others we tried. Love the fact that you can get a SUV type vehicle that drives and handles like a car. The tri-area control A/C is great. Much roomier feeling than most crossover vehicles. Acuatully could see in driver seat without hitting sides and top of interior. Great value in features for price.

Better gas mileage would be good; more flexibility in configuration of features.