2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Very unhappy
By TMCHousehold on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2011 Pilot and have had MAJOR sunroof issues. In addition to the chain rattling noise from the engine (that is apparently 'normal'), I regret buying this vehicle and would NOT recommend it. I am very disappointed Honda feels this is a 'quality' car.

Not a race car and not a V8
By John S on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took a few miles for the VCM to settle in but after @200 miles it seems less jerky. I'm 5'11" and wish the seat went back a little further (leg room may become an issue on long trip)Will have to see how that works out. Moved from a 2000 Tahoe V8 and don't expect this to have the same acceleration or power. I am pleased with all else so far. Drives like an SUV. I've owned many Hondas in the past and hope this one lives up to the reputation of my previous Hondas. It rides great and is quiet running. Goodyear tires. Lots of room. Like the fold down 3rd row seats. I'll be towing a Motorcycle trailer soon. Will see how that works out too.

What happened to the Honda Pilot?
By JimS on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car in July, after driving the car for the last 3 months the car get very poor gas mileage on the road and in the city. The seats are horrible, I feel like I am sitting in the seats of a fast food restaurant. I had the dealer replace the seats & still had the same problem. The cloth seats in my 2004 Pilot LX were much more comfortable. This was my 5th Honda I have owned, the next time I purchase a vehicle I am going to look at other manufactures.

Paint
By slmoody on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had problems with paint chipping around the headlights, is anyone else experiencing this problem? Honda has already attempted 3 times to fix now for the 4th time paint is peeling off in the exact same spots.

The best
By General Biology Fall on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's the best car Honda makes the best SUV and that the seats are good good price at $40,395 and i love the navy in it Honda make it beater soon

2011 pilot issue VCM
By hugh7 on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i just bought a 2011 honda pilot EX-L 2wd on the spur of the moment,heres something that i did not notice on the test drive, there is something that you should know before you buy this high priced SUV! it has the ECO system also called the VCM this is were 3 or less cylinders shut down when you reach a certain speed, this is very noticeable it feels like a constant up or down shift or an engine misfire!this is to save fuel, i am very disappointed with this, on my 70+ mile trip back from the dealership the thrill of buying a new car sure went down the pipes! shame on you Honda if i wanted to save fuel i would have bought a FIT!

Last Honda
By cessna100 on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

From 2006 MDX Touring(Best car I have ever owned)to the Pilot. Very poor sound engineering. On 3rd set of Michelin tires and still loud road noise. 85 decibels at 60 mph. 95 to 105 decibels at 70 mph! To much hard plastic on the inside. Poor fit and finish. The VCM operation is rough. The 2007-8 Pilot is the better car. Test drove the 2011 Touring model with Michelin LTX M/S2. Very quite and nice ride. Poor fuel mileage. The VCM system works great in the Accord. The Pilot is to heavy for the VCM system to be effective.

Disappointed
By Kay on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been extremely disappointed with my new Pilot. Having owned Hondas in the past, I expected no problems but have many. Paint peeling on front bumper, scrubbing in front end when turning and breaking at same time, sunroof won't close if you are stopped, skipping on cool mornings, latch on 3rd row seat snapped. I hate to continue with negatives. Wish I had my GMC Yukon back! Took to dealership for the scrubbing, they said it was anti-lock breaks. They will paint my bumper but not replace it. This is not acceptable to have body work on a brand new vehicle especially when the mfg plant is 30 minutes away where they have newly painted bumpers to install on new Pilots. MPG not good.

Love this SUV
By Love it on 09/04/10 15:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Pilot couple days ago, so far my family love it. Entertainment is great, back up camera and sensors front and back are very helpful for this big SUV. I tested ride MDX, 4Runner Limited and Nissan and Infiniti, I was not impress with those SUV. I never like the older model Pilot but this one is way so much better looking, and have everything we need inside.

Outstanding Vehicle
By TGHonda on 09/04/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to Drive, Gas Mileage, 18 city and 26 hwy. Checked every drop of gas to tenths of miles. Great SUV. Best for the Money, reliable, Quality Not smells new an dies or rattles like other equal in class.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$134 per month*