2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
From Alaska to Michigan!! LOVE IT!
By natenapril on 04/27/11 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car from Kendall of Fairbanks and 3 weeks later drove it to Michigan. LOVE the car. Great trip thanks to this car. I am 6' and my husband is 6'4" and we were very comfortable. We have 3 children who have no problem fitting. I LOVE the back up camera.

Great change of pace at good price, excellent performance.
By cajuncooker on 03/07/11 20:10 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving a '98 Explorer, '99 Olds Silhouette, (Pilot replaced), and my wife's '08 Tribute; what a change. Looking for something to give us driveability, comfort, roominess that could replace a minivan, but yet give us the versatility of a SUV. Enter the Pilot. After researching and driving the Equinox, Edge, Acadia, CX-9, Santa Fe, Murano, Highlander and Explorer, the Pilot just offered so much more for the value. Our first Honda, we have been very pleased. A much roomier, comfortable vehicle the Pilot is heads above the competition. Comforatable quite rider, great handling and reasonable mileage, I would highly recommend the Pilot.

Better than the rest!!...no really!
By andonakis on 02/25/11 10:19 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at all the competing mid-size SUVs and we narrowed it down to the final 3: Maxda cx-9, Toyota Highlander, and the Honda Pilot. The Pilot was last on her list.(Don't know why) When the dealers gave us the cars to keep over night, the Pilot became the instant favored. The Mazda was a close second and the Highlander...well it didn't even compare. Sorry Toyota. The reason is simple. To us, the Pilot just felt like an SUV. What we mean is it drives like an SUV, it was comfortable like an SUV and it looks like an SUV. We are coming from a BMW X5 so our experience with the Pilot is not exaggerated, it truly is a wonderful car. Thank you Honda!!

Great Choice!
By carnutt2 on 02/08/11 11:44 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Pilot about two weeks ago, after doing months of research, driving loads of other SUV's crossovers and simply think I made a fantastic decision. I almost bought the Volvo's XC-90 or the 60, but the reliability of the 90 was in doubt, and the smallness and overpriced 60 turned me away. The dealer was very accomadating, kept to the price, which I started off by using USAA.... then going lower then that. I bought the 4x4 Touring, in blue, and each time I drive it, I feel I made a great choice! It feels substantial, well made and usre footed when behind the wheel. The pick-up is always there, with more power ready when needed. Please test drive the Pilot,last, and you'll buy it!!!

It's a great vehicle
By rkhamilton920 on 01/24/11 06:51 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased mine in May, 2010. I already have 12,000 miles on it and I am quite pleased. It's everything I expected. Comfortable commuter car - although I would think Honda could do better on the fuel economy (getting 18-19 MPG overall). I really like all the room and the utility of the vehicle - exactly why I bought it. The navigation system is fine - sure wish they had live traffic though (possible upgrade??). Finally, I'd say that the only downside has been the sheer size of the vehicle has intimidated my wife from driving it. It does have a pretty wide footprint! All in all I am really glad I purchased it - I am a huge Honda fan.

SHAME on HONDA!
By ewell1 on 01/14/11 22:59 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Between my wife and I we have had 5 Hondas. Gas milage in the previous four models exceeded the MPG window label. With the 2011 Pilot which is advertised at 16 to 23, I am getting 13 to 19. Owned the car just a month and had a recall already...bolts on front end needed to be tightened...wheels might come off they said!!! To be fair...I love the car. It rides like a dream and has so much room. But I will hold Honda to a high standard...I expect no more problems...if I do I will make certain to let everyone know. Honda lied about the gas milage on this car. Shame on them!

Ride
By gdion on 01/05/11 18:06 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like my pilot I was excited to get it but I am disappointed in the ride. It seems that when you take it above 55 mph it has a vibration just enought to annoy you while your driving. I have taken my Pilot back several times, it has 3000 miles on it, they have replace the tires, rims, reblanced and road balanced the tires and it still there. Unfortunatley I have made a complaint to Honda and hopefully they will help me out. If any of you have the same problem please let me know but it seems like I may have a LEMON!

Middle/End of the pack? Waitaminute folks!
By crgeorgia on 01/03/11 14:06 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an '08 RDX for an '11 EX-L 12/22/10. Came close to ignoring the Pilot after reading the editors review. We had an '05, so visited the local Honda dealer for a test drive. Bought it immediately after. Here is my take after a 1200 mile round trip from GA to FL (7.5 hrs ea way). Performance, acceleration, handling, and braking are fine. It is relatively quiet, quite comfortable, and a pleasure to drive on a long trip. We got 22.8 mpg with a new engine & cruise set @ 77-83. Center stack does have a lot of buttons; but, the layout is quite logical rendering it a non-issue. The vehicle also features outstanding reliability and owner satisfaction over the long term (check Consumer Reports).

Love it
By gdog477 on 12/16/10 13:11 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got the car about 1 month ago. It has been a pleasure! It's very comfortable and a big upgrade for me coming from a 04 Accord dx.

Great SUV for what it is.
By TMG on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very happy with the Pilot overall. Seats are comfortable, I don't think they would be if you are overweight, I'm 6'2", 210 lbs. I don't find the ECO mode annoying, you can notice on the highway when it changes but, not after it rides the same, doesn't affect acceleration. It does have a rougher ride than I expected, more like an SUV than car or crossover. Gas mileage isn't great but you know that going in, we average about 17 mpg. The interior is nice and very functional. It is not a Lexus! To all the people complaining and comparing to other SUVs, spend the extra 10K, 20K or more and then you'll have what your looking for. Great car overall, no mechanical problems yet.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$134 per month*