2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
great drive, huge space, good deal
By zimboy on 08/22/11 15:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

had several hondas in my time so I expect great quality and got it. the Pilot has great space and features and is a sporty drive with excellent handling. i found out it shares the same platform as the Acura MDX and it's no surprise. looks chunky and big on the outside, incredible space inside and drives like a crossover. some great technology which the dealers never seem to highlight like drive-by-wire accelerator, the 3-4 cyclinder shut-off for economy, tri-zone a/c etc. got the EX at invoice - $1250 after starting out looking at the CRV, the Pilot is so much more for a few extra $'s.

Hands down best large SUV for the money!
By jrburnett23 on 08/16/11 08:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fiances car but I drive it way more than she does and it by the far the best car I've driven. For as large as the car is, it gets great gas mileage. We have moved twice since getting this car a year ago and with both back row seats folded down you can fit an enormous amount of stuff in your car. Even a pretty big dresser! It rides very smooth and is extremely comfortable to ride in. The rear-entertainment system is a great feature to have especially if you have kids riding with you from time to time. The only thing that I would change about this car is I would turn the back seat into two captains chairs and put a big console in between them. Best car ever!

2011 Pilot Touring Engine Noise
By dgsheridan on 08/07/11 09:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I do not recommend this vehicle. Engine has a rattling sound during acceleration, much like a chain dragging the ground. Dealer initially changed out a part in the exhaust system which didn't fix the problem. Dealer now says it's a characteristic of all Pilots and is normal. After 8,800 miles, the noise is getting louder.

Honda Heaven ???
By vstanley on 07/21/11 21:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being a previous Honda consumer I knew the resell value that Honda brings considering all the problems that Toyota was facing we chose the Honda.. I love the boxy body style, the interior design is not too bad once you get used to the layout. I DO NOT like the quality of the interior. Cheap... Styrofoam in the door jam??? What is that about?? Noise?? The leg room is great for tall people. Front and second row. The gas mileage is average for an SUV of similiar size, no surprises there. It was in B&W. Some complained about road noise. Yes, you do hear it. I was told the tires are to blame. Smooth ride though. Seats are firm, not as plush as some I test drove.

Excellent Family Vehicle
By yojoe on 06/30/11 10:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Pilot for 7 months and 6600 miles. It just got the first oil change. The car performs very well on the Interstate. The MPG's are about 14.5 city and on the interstate I have experiences tanks averaging 18 up to 25.5 ( all with AC on). I have been only using Premium gas. I do not understand the large MPG variation on the interstate. It could be gas quality. The VCM engine has performed just fine without any complaint. I do notice when the engine is in 3 cylinder mode.

Navigation is worthless without traffic.
By shof on 06/29/11 15:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Spending extra to get a car with all the bells and whisles it was very disapointing to find out the navigation system is unable to give traffic avoidence. Even with the XM radio traffic subscription. If they do not provide a way to fix. It will be my last honda. And to think I could have bought the base model, and a Tom Tom or Nuvi, like I have in my other car that does it all for $200. And saved 5 to 10 grand.

really love my 2011 pilot LX
By barleybrewer55 on 06/20/11 11:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with my 2011 pilot LX. I traded in my 2004 Honda Element for the new pilot. The element seated 4 people the pilot 8 people. The element had a 4 banger that got 25 mpg, the pilot has a 250 hp v-6, is getting 24 mpg on long trips. The pilot is smooth, tracks well, and spacious. The pilot tows my 3000 pound boat well. I like everything about the purchase. Sticker was 31,000, paid 27,000.

Like it so far...
By buff1480 on 06/12/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had it for about a week now and my family loves it. I've only driven sports coupes and sedans up to this point so the fun-factor is definitely lacking. But it is a very comfortable car for a fairly large family (have a 6 year old and 5 year old, expecting another in December).

The 3rd Honda in our auto stable of 3
By nyccarguy on 05/31/11 10:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are expecting our 3rd child in December and neither my wife's 2010 Acura TSX nor my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH is going to cut the mustard for our growing family. We need a vehicle that had 4WD or AWD, lots of cargo capacity, 3 rows of seats, but above all else have 3 sets of LATCHes in the 2nd row. The Pilot fit the bill perfectly. We've had it for 12 days and have already put over 1,000 miles on it. It rides comfortably, provides decent steering feedback, has tons of passenger space & cargo space. It doesn't get the best expert reviews, but look at the consumer reviews. Drive a Pilot and you'll see that it fits your lifestyle.

Honda Ya SOLD me.....Again
By billbert on 04/30/11 17:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my 10 civic exl navi for 11 LX 4WD ..Our 20th honda since 19804..Great bang for the buck (lease)..Does it all well so far.. Looking forward to miles of smiles.. getting 17 -20 so far..guessing to 25 on trips...Nice comfortable supportive seats.. 8 pass ..quiet for a suv/truck.600 a year less to insure than civic...wife loves it and has no problem wheeling it around..exact same length width as out 06 shorty caravan... nicely optioned /bult and quality for 359 month 3yr/36k lease... have had 2 burbs/ 4 runner/blazer..my guts feeling is this will top em all..will tow 4500 lb s too!!! IMO looks great in white also..I dont think I d swap my brother for his Platinum Sequoia at 55k for value

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$134 per month*