Used 2011 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Don't Understand Why all the Drama
By Mr. Andy

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased vehicle brand new. Drives quietly, smooth and very comfortable. I'm 6'2" and fit very well in the driver & Passenger seat. Haven't tested full fuel range but I'm sure I can get a good 375 miles from a full tank. Many complaints about comfort, Fuel economy, gadgets. Perhaps if one test drove the vehicle first, they would see these faults and move on to something else. As far as Fuel, I didn't pick an SUV because I wanted Fuel economy, I picked it because it felt strong. If you want better gas mileage DON'T BUY AN SUV. Get a Camry or an Accord; Duh. No problems with braking; I don't tailgate or expect to be still doing 60 mph in heavy traffic. I'm lovin' my Honda.

iPod hook up, cubbyholes, comfort, feels heavy, back up camera, quiet/smooth ride, big console area to rest arm on, mid cubby-console area - very roomy.

wonder if the gear shift will change in the next model, Prefer spare tire within vehicle (not underneath it), Keep it boxy style, 86 the 'Eco' light, that's a nice feature, doesn't need to be lighting up to distract the eye. that's all for now.

I've got the peeling paint blues
By ApexPilot

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've got an appointment to take my Pilot in a few weeks for peeling back bumper. What's up with that? I've been a loyal Honda owner for over 20 years and I've never had an issue with the paint peeling. For the most part I love my Pilot. For me it's much more comfortable then my 2007 CR-V was.

So far so good
By Wayne

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had this vehicle for about a month now. Love it so far. Got it for the 3 rows that seat 8. It can fit our family of 5 with no problem with the 3rd row folded down which leaves plenty of room for cargo for our trips. AWD Sienna only seats 4 without third row (captains chairs) and Highlander was a bit narrower, had less cargo room and was more expensive. Didn't take to the Sorento or Traverse - which were also more expensive for the same options.

Comfortable and rear seat room. Road noise less than I would have thought. Very smooth...

Speakers could be "crisper". Stereo not as good as my wife's Prius. EX should have Bluetooth and iPod integration - should not need Touring for this. Gas mileage could be better, but no worse than a AWD minivan.

Great SUV
By Happy Family

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new Pilot. We owned a 2006 Pilot and traded it for a 2009 Odyssey. It only took a year to figure out we are not a minivan family. So we traded for this and my wife couldn't be happier! Great lines and well laid out interior. Couldn't get much better of a vehicle in our opinion

The boxy look. It just looks rugged!

We got the 2wd because my wife will not drive in snow and I have a 4x4. But Honda doesn't put a side mirror defroster on the 2wd models. It still frosts over regardless of having a 4wd or 2wd. Still, not a big issue though.

Pilot Touring 4WD
By Dgardner

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV and hands down the best value for the money. Traded my 2010 for a 2011 due to excellent resale value!

Nav, Bluetooth, utility factor,