Used 2011 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

So far so good
By Wayne

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had this vehicle for about a month now. Love it so far. Got it for the 3 rows that seat 8. It can fit our family of 5 with no problem with the 3rd row folded down which leaves plenty of room for cargo for our trips. AWD Sienna only seats 4 without third row (captains chairs) and Highlander was a bit narrower, had less cargo room and was more expensive. Didn't take to the Sorento or Traverse - which were also more expensive for the same options.

Comfortable and rear seat room. Road noise less than I would have thought. Very smooth...

Speakers could be "crisper". Stereo not as good as my wife's Prius. EX should have Bluetooth and iPod integration - should not need Touring for this. Gas mileage could be better, but no worse than a AWD minivan.

Great SUV
By Happy Family

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new Pilot. We owned a 2006 Pilot and traded it for a 2009 Odyssey. It only took a year to figure out we are not a minivan family. So we traded for this and my wife couldn't be happier! Great lines and well laid out interior. Couldn't get much better of a vehicle in our opinion

The boxy look. It just looks rugged!

We got the 2wd because my wife will not drive in snow and I have a 4x4. But Honda doesn't put a side mirror defroster on the 2wd models. It still frosts over regardless of having a 4wd or 2wd. Still, not a big issue though.

Pilot Touring 4WD
By Dgardner

2011 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV and hands down the best value for the money. Traded my 2010 for a 2011 due to excellent resale value!

Nav, Bluetooth, utility factor,

More Horsepower and a 6 speed Automatic Transmission

2011 Pilot, Lx Black
By sa

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car to own, very fun to drive excellent road handling, very quite &smooth ride, excellent acceleration, very powerful among cars in highway, all instruments are within reach, mostly highway miles so far (with distances of 300 + miles average 19-21 mpg ( ecomode is great, ( once average 55 mpg on a down hill ( at least for 1/2 mile, just thought I can share that :)), owned a pilot exl 2004 but this one just great, for crossover lx gives many extras with lot of space, (I added chrome side bars, starter, fog lights, all season mats, roof rack) in black color lx looks great, (if you don't want to spend too much initially lx is the way to go), many extras from Honda to add (light int/wood trim, steel trim

Quite, smooth ride, yet powerful acceleration, great mileage, and very good look from outside/ inside. Many extras ( safety, folding 2nd/3rd rows, 2nd row climate control, aux), (same BASIC safety, BASIC features, engine, transmission, and other major parts like ex or touring styles)

full size spare , may be hybrid ( but 19 + Mpg for this size is great with 87 octane Gas),any improvements will be appreciated,option of adding moonroof for LX )

So disappointing
By mbeach

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 7 months of car shopping, I finally bought a Honda Pilot. Planned on having for years. Bought in June 2010 and looking to replace although will lose money. The seats are so uncomfortable it ruins the entire experience. Not adjustable and C shaped in the upper back with headrest pushing head forward. Long rides are unbearable. I am 5'7" and husband 6'0" and cannot adjust to either of us. Sunroof not consistent and back hatch inside fascia came up already. Cannot see paying for something that cannot ever get comfortable in. Looking at a Kia Sorento, so disappointed in my purchase and looking at options, ruined my impression of Honda as this was my first.

options, 3 rows, size

Change the seats and headrests! People are not shaped like the letter C! Even the arm placement while driving is off at the elbows. Cannot believe this made it to market without comment/complaints. I plan on telling EVERYONE! They are not fully adjustable seats! (leather package)