Used 2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Great SUV
By Happy Family

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new Pilot. We owned a 2006 Pilot and traded it for a 2009 Odyssey. It only took a year to figure out we are not a minivan family. So we traded for this and my wife couldn't be happier! Great lines and well laid out interior. Couldn't get much better of a vehicle in our opinion

The boxy look. It just looks rugged!

We got the 2wd because my wife will not drive in snow and I have a 4x4. But Honda doesn't put a side mirror defroster on the 2wd models. It still frosts over regardless of having a 4wd or 2wd. Still, not a big issue though.

Pilot Touring 4WD
By Dgardner

2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV and hands down the best value for the money. Traded my 2010 for a 2011 due to excellent resale value!

Nav, Bluetooth, utility factor,

More Horsepower and a 6 speed Automatic Transmission

2011 Pilot, Lx Black
By sa

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car to own, very fun to drive excellent road handling, very quite &smooth ride, excellent acceleration, very powerful among cars in highway, all instruments are within reach, mostly highway miles so far (with distances of 300 + miles average 19-21 mpg ( ecomode is great, ( once average 55 mpg on a down hill ( at least for 1/2 mile, just thought I can share that :)), owned a pilot exl 2004 but this one just great, for crossover lx gives many extras with lot of space, (I added chrome side bars, starter, fog lights, all season mats, roof rack) in black color lx looks great, (if you don't want to spend too much initially lx is the way to go), many extras from Honda to add (light int/wood trim, steel trim

Quite, smooth ride, yet powerful acceleration, great mileage, and very good look from outside/ inside. Many extras ( safety, folding 2nd/3rd rows, 2nd row climate control, aux), (same BASIC safety, BASIC features, engine, transmission, and other major parts like ex or touring styles)

full size spare , may be hybrid ( but 19 + Mpg for this size is great with 87 octane Gas),any improvements will be appreciated,option of adding moonroof for LX )

So disappointing
By mbeach

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 7 months of car shopping, I finally bought a Honda Pilot. Planned on having for years. Bought in June 2010 and looking to replace although will lose money. The seats are so uncomfortable it ruins the entire experience. Not adjustable and C shaped in the upper back with headrest pushing head forward. Long rides are unbearable. I am 5'7" and husband 6'0" and cannot adjust to either of us. Sunroof not consistent and back hatch inside fascia came up already. Cannot see paying for something that cannot ever get comfortable in. Looking at a Kia Sorento, so disappointed in my purchase and looking at options, ruined my impression of Honda as this was my first.

options, 3 rows, size

Change the seats and headrests! People are not shaped like the letter C! Even the arm placement while driving is off at the elbows. Cannot believe this made it to market without comment/complaints. I plan on telling EVERYONE! They are not fully adjustable seats! (leather package)

Loving My Pilot
By Thomas

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2011 4WD EX-L with Navi and have no regrets. Ride is fantastic. Gas mileage is what is expected, not sure why folks on here are all bent on it as it is not a hybrid. Very roomy, smooth ride. ECO Mode goes on and off and it can not be noticed other than the light on the dash. Great pick up and passing ability. Only minor grip would be the lack luster sound system from the speakers in the doors. Not as good as my Ridgeline. Traded a 2007 Ridgeline and this car has meet the same great expectations I have always had from Honda. This is my 5th. Just test drive and you will see how much you love it. Considered the MDX but for 8K more for not much more in features.

Great leather, heated seats, hands free controls, Sliding adjustable second row seating, XM, Navi, back up camera, TONS OF ROOM!

Had to recalibrate my moonroof but since then no issue. Move the shifter to the console and not in that weird place on the dash.