Used 2011 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

N/A
By Lee

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

LOVE IT
By Brian Peters

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2011 Pilot for two years now and have nothing but great things to say about it. The amount of cargo space and thought that went into this vehicle goes well beyond its truck like exterior. (Which I love) This SUV has places to store things behind every corner, and even has plenty of room when I have 8 people packed into it. IT never slips & slides in the rain or snow, and has been nothing but reliable to me since I purchased it in the summer of 2013. The only thing I have had to replace is the brake pads, but that's expected in any large 3 row crossover. Its get up and go is good, but I struggle to overtake cars on the highway without really hitting the gas pedal. Overall, I would recommend this vehicle to any family that does not want a minivan, wants a bang for there buck, and wants to ride in style. My rating for the Pilot? 10/10 best car I have ever owned.

probably my last Honda
By Ginger Davis

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning EIGHT previous Hondas in this family (several Civics, Accord, CRV, even one previous Pilot), this one has convinced me to look at other cars. It's either a lemon or Hondas just aren't made like they once were. I have had many, many minor annoyances and a couple major ones that have cost us a fortune. It's been to the dealership FOUR times for a problem that still isn't corrected despite several claims that it was just the sensor so they adjusted it, then it needed parts which I bought and paid for labor to replace with no difference...and we still have the issue with the back hatch. We also have horribly squeaky brake-like sounds when backing out of our inclined driveway which they can't figure out or fix. And the biggee was something that was actually recalled and, despite always taking this car which was under warranty only to the dealership for service in order to be covered without a doubt for years, I wasn't told about until I took it somewhere else. That shop took me and showed me that it was leaked fluids from some joints behind the front wheels and they easily found a service notification for my model and suggested I take it to the dealer that had always serviced it because "they would have to cover it since they were the only ones that touched it while it was under warranty". Well, guess what...they knew that was a problem but didn't mention it WHILE IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY because it wasn't bad enough; yeah, waiting until it progresses and is NO LONGER UNDER WARRANTY seems legit. I'm done with Battema Honda in OKC and probably Honda altogether. Maybe going to check out Toyotas this time around.

Not impressed
By ncg8r2

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After years of hearing how everyone LOVED their Honda Pilot, we broke down two years ago and bought a 2011 EX-L with 22,000 miles on it.
After 4 months, the sunroof started to leak.As soon as the 36K mile warranty ran out, transmission issues. 3 months ago, more transmission issues. Last month, brand new battery went dead 3x in a week.
Took the battery back but it checked ok as did alternator. Dealership was stumped said it was fine. Left me stranded and having to call tow truck twice. Turns out - another dealership 4 hours from home where I happened to be stranded - found an A/C switch was malfunctioning causing battery drain. Can't wait to find a replacement. It won't be a Honda.

storage spaces for passenger seat area, roomy, road visibility, easy to maneuver seats up and down, seats 3 average adults comfortably in 2nd row.

Interior lights are confusing to use, seats are hard...+ see above.

It's a GOOD SUV
By 0akland395

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought back in 2012 with 45k on it, has about ~80k now.
Very reliable, all I've done is perform scheduled maintenance.
Gets around 19 mpg but if driving with a light foot you can get around 22 avg.
I love the ECO mode that will switch the engine to 4 cyl when driving on highways.
I just the rear had A/C vents in the roof as opposed to having them at knee-level.
It's a Honda, so I EXPECT it to last for years to come!
Great car, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good reliable SUV.
One thing that is weird that might be unique to mine is that the buttons on the radio will occasionally not work, but the volume and tune nobs work fine.

Automatic Eco mode, daytime running lights, folding third row, sliding cover over front cup holders, tons of storage up front, compass, HUD

Put rear AC vents in ceiling instead of knee-level for second row; add a digital temperature gauge; there's more but that's all that comes to mind