2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
It's a GOOD SUV
By 0akland395 on 07/22/14 09:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought back in 2012 with 45k on it, has about ~80k now. Very reliable, all I've done is perform scheduled maintenance. Gets around 19 mpg but if driving with a light foot you can get around 22 avg. I love the ECO mode that will switch the engine to 4 cyl when driving on highways. I just the rear had A/C vents in the roof as opposed to having them at knee-level. It's a Honda, so I EXPECT it to last for years to come! Great car, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good reliable SUV. One thing that is weird that might be unique to mine is that the buttons on the radio will occasionally not work, but the volume and tune nobs work fine.

current pilot owners trading up -look at alternatives
By mic14 on 04/02/13 18:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 2.5 yrs ago and is a major dissappointment. Also own 2003 (which we love). If trading up from that, you will be very dissappointed. + smoother transmission v. 2003. road noise better Neg.: recall problems - inferior paint resulting in rust - is happening to ours. Also serious recall on missing airbag harness screws. Other issues: terrible mileage, transmission problems - stranded us on a road trip & not covered by warranty, door hinges mis-aligned so door wouldn't close properly, undersized brakes - rotors warped at 10,000 miles, poor location of shifter (knock into neutral with knee) reduced center console space/clausterphobic, cheap materials, stain prone seats/cant get out

My 1st Honda
By Debbie on 09/01/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the Pilot. It replaced a 1999 Toyota 4Runner with 190,000 miles. What a dream. Great road presence. Love the color (Cherry Pearl). All I hear is "Love Your Pilot"! Comfortable, smooth, quiet ride. Found the MPG sweet spot, 75 MPH and set the cruise - 22 MPG is awesome for this size of a vehicle. Want better? - then buy the Highlander Hybrid.

Love My Pilot!
By hondagirl on 05/01/10 11:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just turned in a leased saab suv 97x and purchased my Pilot. I purchased the LX model and was concerned I was going to miss all the "perks" of driving a luxury suv. I haven't missed my Saab at all! I love my new Pilot! It's roomy, rugged looking & very comfortable! It is also extremely fun to drive. It's perfect for my family. I had 3 Honda accords and then in 2005 purchased a Saab 95 wagon, and then in 2008 leased a saab 97. Both were complete headaches! They were both in the shop constantly! I couldn't be happier to be back in a Honda! I can hardly wait to take a road trip!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$134 per month*