2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
current pilot owners trading up -look at alternatives
By mic14 on 04/02/13 18:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 2.5 yrs ago and is a major dissappointment. Also own 2003 (which we love). If trading up from that, you will be very dissappointed. + smoother transmission v. 2003. road noise better Neg.: recall problems - inferior paint resulting in rust - is happening to ours. Also serious recall on missing airbag harness screws. Other issues: terrible mileage, transmission problems - stranded us on a road trip & not covered by warranty, door hinges mis-aligned so door wouldn't close properly, undersized brakes - rotors warped at 10,000 miles, poor location of shifter (knock into neutral with knee) reduced center console space/clausterphobic, cheap materials, stain prone seats/cant get out

My 1st Honda
By Debbie on 09/01/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the Pilot. It replaced a 1999 Toyota 4Runner with 190,000 miles. What a dream. Great road presence. Love the color (Cherry Pearl). All I hear is "Love Your Pilot"! Comfortable, smooth, quiet ride. Found the MPG sweet spot, 75 MPH and set the cruise - 22 MPG is awesome for this size of a vehicle. Want better? - then buy the Highlander Hybrid.

Love My Pilot!
By hondagirl on 05/01/10 11:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just turned in a leased saab suv 97x and purchased my Pilot. I purchased the LX model and was concerned I was going to miss all the "perks" of driving a luxury suv. I haven't missed my Saab at all! I love my new Pilot! It's roomy, rugged looking & very comfortable! It is also extremely fun to drive. It's perfect for my family. I had 3 Honda accords and then in 2005 purchased a Saab 95 wagon, and then in 2008 leased a saab 97. Both were complete headaches! They were both in the shop constantly! I couldn't be happier to be back in a Honda! I can hardly wait to take a road trip!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$128 per month*