Touring w/ our Pilot
By Jerry on
2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We test drove all comparable SUVs (highlander, enclave, etc...) and found this vehicle a perfect fit for our family of 5. Others may have better gas mileage, and looks good on the outside, but the Pilot drives much better. It feels solid and comfortable w/ enough power even when towing our 21ft boat. Tech gadgets took a little time to learn, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature, convenient, and fun. I love the back-up camera on the Nav monitor. I now instinctively look for it when I use other cars. This is definitely way better than the minivan it replaced.
Favorite Features
All the standard features it came with. The only option we had was the DVD rear entertainment. All other vehicles come w/ confusing packages. Just installed OEM cross-bars ($88) and side step bars($225) from e-bay.
Suggested Improvements
Gas Mileage is definitely an issue but I was getting the same for our minivan. The appearance is too square (boxy). It needs a rear top spoiler to keep rear windows clear when raining. Bigger tires may improve it's appearance.