2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Nav Consumer Review - Wish I could do it

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Nav)

Wish I could do it over again
By kasrhp on

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would never get this Pilot again. I have had several build quality issues from rattling to air gaps in window seal and having to get brakes fixed twice in 6 months, as well as re- sealing the sunroof. I don't expect that from Honda. The engine is mediocre at best, the navigation system is useless and outdated, the cargo area is not flat, the shifter is from the Odyssey mini- van, the wheels are too small with no option for bigger, no wood trim in a $38k vehicle, cylinder de-activation is clunky and noisy, plastics are cheap with many different types throughout the cabin, and it isn't the quietest suv out there. But it is roomy, wide and drives like a sedan. Stereo sounds good tho.

Favorite Features

Upgraded stereo sounds good. Smooth suspension with tight steering. Gets decent gas mileage, but a better engine would help,

Suggested Improvements

Better engine, quieter (look at Ford please), better build quality, better tech (again, look at Ford sync system), flat load floor, wheel options (Odyssey comes with 18" vs 17" on this suv), better material quality with wood standard on Touring(explorer limited). The Touring is a premium vehicle.