2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Great Utility Vehicle

2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Review

Great Utility Vehicle
By scooterpower on

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is probably the best appliance you can buy for your family that doesn't guzzle gas. Quality is great, mileage is excellent. 20mpg is nice for such a large truck, but we've always had hi-po cars in the garage (V10 M5, M3, S2000, Cayman S) so mileage isn't a deal breaker for us. Quality/design of interior is on par with the best from Germany, too bad the outside is vanilla. I prefer the looks of the Traverse & CX-9 to the Pilot. 1 major flaw; three weeks in and we've got a huge windshield crack! I haven't even made a payment yet... Overall great car, but I'd prefer a wagon to ANY SUV. We really do not need the 3rd row seats.

Space, leather seats, RES, tri-zone climate control, storage holes and ease of use (doesn't require constant servicing like previous BMWs/Porsche), excellent resale, vaultlike build quality.

Maybe use thicker windshield glass. Provide seats that fit skinnier/fitter people. Make the Navi a stand alone option. I wanted the USB & power liftgate but did not want a Navi system that would become obsolete in 6 months. I want the tech, but the in- car Navi systems are overpriced & restrictive.