2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Fuel mileage overrated

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

Fuel mileage overrated
By GaryM on

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only driven 4000KMs; like the handling and power of this vehicle but am terribly disappointed with gas mileage. If I had known it was this bad I would not have bought this vehicle. My 8 cylinder pickup was better when towing. It's not bad when driven a long distance on the highway when not towing. Honda has severely overrated the mileage of this vehicle. It is not even close to the numbers they suggest. Towing mileage is brutal, 20.1 lts/hundred over 300kms. They should have installed a bigger tank because you are constantly stopping for fuel. I find this vehicle has a lot of road noise compared to my last vehicle. It's possible it's the type of tires but it should be better.

Backup camera is great. Visibility is great. I like the brakes and you hardly ever hear the engine as it changes gears and is very quiet when accelerating. Tows a 2000LB trailer very well with little engine noise.

Fuel economy, fuel economy, fuel economy!!!!!!