2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Disappointed

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Rear Entertainment)

By toobad on

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my first Honda in 1985; I have purchased one every 5 years since. Once purchased, I never had to worry outside of routine maintenance. Around the year 2000 I started noticing minor issues and a decline in the fit and finish. The dealership would always pooh pooh my concerns and never find anything wrong. I purchased a 2005 Pilot 6/05 that developed major electrical problems at 100k miles. I traded it for a 2010 Pilot 3/10. I had it in the shop 3 times the first 3 weeks, 6 times the first 6 months. The blew me off with the sunroof issue. Now I have electrical problems, the drivers door won't open and close properly, the list goes on.

Hmm, space, entertainment system

Get rid of the cheap hard plastic, please! Go back to making Honda the sound, reliable vehicle it once was or I am buying American.
By oc_kdawg
on 02/20/12 15:39 PM (PST)

I had issues w/ my sunroof as well. It kept discharging power in my battery and I had to reset Nav code every couple of weeks. They did fix at no cost. I agree that Honda's have gone down since about '95. My dad had a '95 Civic with four wheel disc brakes and got around 37 mpg on highway. Now Civic is full of cheap parts and it takes a hybrid to get that type of mileage. Wife drives an '07 CRV and I actually like that one and the sound system sounds better than my '10 Pilot Touring.