2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Great Utility Vehicle
By scooterpower on 12/27/09 10:59 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is probably the best appliance you can buy for your family that doesn't guzzle gas. Quality is great, mileage is excellent. 20mpg is nice for such a large truck, but we've always had hi-po cars in the garage (V10 M5, M3, S2000, Cayman S) so mileage isn't a deal breaker for us. Quality/design of interior is on par with the best from Germany, too bad the outside is vanilla. I prefer the looks of the Traverse & CX-9 to the Pilot. 1 major flaw; three weeks in and we've got a huge windshield crack! I haven't even made a payment yet... Overall great car, but I'd prefer a wagon to ANY SUV. We really do not need the 3rd row seats.

Soccer moms yes, outdoor enthusiast no
By LWT on 12/26/09 10:21 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The interior is excellent. Vents for even the 3rd row passengers, 3 climate zones (driver, passenger, rear), plenty of cup holders, 3 power outlets, and lots of nooks to hide stuff. The benches are very short though! Not a lot of thigh support. You sit down and almost feel like your legs are dangling. Road noise is a problem also, even though I bought the EX-L which supposedly has thicker glass to cut down on this. Haven't noticed the same pulling to the right that others have (1500 miles driven), and the mileage I get is no where near advertised. I avg. 19 hwy, 16 city. The Pilot is very wimpy on trails, and I have yet to take it out on the sand (I'm a little scared to do so).

Love it
By Coop on 12/23/09 09:10 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot doesn't disappoint. We test drove the Veracruz and Traverse and found the Pilot the best of everything for the money. We don't agree with Edmunds assessment. The options and luxury for the price is not comparable with the Chevy and the Hyandai. We've already taken a road trip with three kids and two grandparents and the Pilot performed better than we could have hoped. The ride is great and it handles very well.

Great SUV to drive
By Honda_pilot_owner on 12/17/09 12:16 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a lot of research narrowed it down to Highlander and Pilot. Test drove each 2 times and concluded that Highlander is actually a 4 seater with lots of cargo space and in that case my present Camry was already doing that job. So we went for Pilot knowing that it is a gas hungry vehicle compared to highlander or other SUV's of similar class. Chose 4x2 as I don't do much of activities demanding 4x4. Ride is smooth much like an SUV/Truck than a car which I felt in highlander.

Should learn from CRV
By H Huang on 12/16/09 00:38 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase the EX because I don't like the leather in the EX-L trim. It is a big disappointment that the Pilot EX doesn't come with a moon roof like the CRV EX does. Pilot is much bigger than the CRV, yet its features doesn't match up the CRV. The style is fine to me, although I do wish its front nose a little bit lower, so it won't look so boxy, and it may help the fuel economy too. The acceleration and the fuel mileage when starting is terrible. The car is just unnecessarily too heavy and the 250 horse power is a shame for Honda, considering a much smaller ACCORD, or Pilot's other rivals such as Highlander. You can feel the road when driving. However, it is smooth and pleasant.

LOVE MY HONDA!
By LLHH on 12/08/09 10:50 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Honda Pilot and I wouldn't even think of buying any other brand. I've never had any major work done on my other two and that makes this vehicle a major winner. More than just reliable. It handles wonderful, feel safe on the road and loaded with lots of extra goodies. If you're looking for luxury with a lot of safety and reliability, this is the vehicle for you.

Best SUV in its class for the $
By Corona Lites on 12/06/09 05:57 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We researched every SUV in this segment and hands down for the $$ the Honda Pilot EX-L w/ DVD is the best product. I do not agree with the Edmunds review or some of the others I have seen. For prospective buyers, I would test drive and come to your own conclusions. We got this vehicle for invoice $32814 (MSRP 36155) and they threw in the front door window tint and pin stripe. I paid $261 to get the trailer harness wiring installed.

front end problem
By Dennis on 12/05/09 11:28 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my pilot in September 2009 I traded My pilot 2007 for the 2010. I found problems with the front end, it pulls to the right which I never had a problem with my 2007. Honda needs to recall this vehicle for the front end problem, and they better do it soon before some one gets into an accident.

'09-'10 Pilots Pull to Right
By 59bobster on 12/05/09 00:36 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While I very much like this SUV, we too have experienced the mysterious pulling to the right noted by other owners. In fact, we noticed it in several 2009's we test drove before eventually purchasing a 2010. Funny thing is, we specifically tested this while test driving and it was either not present or not pronounced enough to be readily noticeable. Our Pilot had just 15 miles on it when we bought so I'm wondering if this is something that gets worse with mileage? Just returned from 500 mile round trip on freeways and driving straight requires constant pressure left on steering wheel. Have not returned to dealer yet but given the numerous reports, I doubt it's an alignment issue.

IT GOT MY ATTENTION
By Emspirit on 12/04/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you haven't been inside the new Pilot, then I suggest you give it a try. This thing is in a different ballpark than the pre 2009 designed Pilot. Here's the thing with the Pilot. We looked at a ton of crossovers, we have 3 smallish kids and when you're looking for room, utility, comfort, a truck feel with a car-like drive, this is it. Take the Mazda CX-9 for example. We climbed all over it but, in the end it was a car pretending to be a utility vehicle. Same with the Ford Flex. The Pilot feels like a truck but drives like a car. When we sat in the Pilot it felt huge. We traded in our Honda Odyssey and feel at home in the Pilot. I'm thrilled with it so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$143 per month*