Used 2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Happy owner
By Don

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're new to Honda; wanting one due to having a dealer close by. Motor Week said it was the best SUV for the year. Averaging about 17 mpg mixed driving. Have got up to 25 mpg at times on expressway. On recent trip Mrs and I agreed we had less travel fatigue. I like the size while having a lower profile with a wide track. I have some tiny remorse about not considering (test-driving) the Touring model.

The XM button; the aux function; rear vents for AC; easy seat fold-down; feels solid; back-up camera; great comfort for my 6'4" height; nice hardware for securing loads. The all- weather floor mats.

Free-wheeling, 5 or 6 speeds = better MPG; offer a hybrid; make more EX-Ls with NAV available; Honda is trivial to charge extra for the wiring harness.

Great Family Car - Not a Minivan
By Henry

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2010 Pilot about a month ago. While many of the professional reviews of the vehicle lambaste the styling, we think this is one of its stronger points. We did not want a crossover that looks like a minivan. We think the Pilot blends SUV styling with crossover practicality. We decided to select the Pilot over the Highlander because of the additional interior space. So far the Pilot has exceeded our expectations. It is great for two young kids, easy to load up, and tons of storage space. Gas mileage is ok, but for a larger vehicle it is as expected.

Exterior styling, fairly spacious third row, lots of interior storage.

Sunroof is a bit small, interior styling and plastics could be improved.

2 row seat, leather popping out.
By Dan

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is perfect. Just that I have a problem with the back seat. The leather popping out for both back seats. This also happened to my friend, who bought an EX. Is there a problem with HONDA? The leather seat from the second row popping out. HIGHLY recommended who own a PILOT with leather seat, should check the second row.

Best truck on the road for the money
By booboo

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driven 7000 miles in 2 months, no problems, snow, desert, excellent drive, handles, tight corners on calif. Highway 1 no problem. Owned Mercedes, beamers, Honda beats them all for the money 22.9 highway mpg. For 4x4 too.

side window shades, navigation, rear dvd, power lift gate, large sunroof ,handling, quality of product. and interior space.

more colors offered

Repeat Buyer
By Ryan

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For those folks who think this vehicle "floats" away while trying to steer, or pulling to the side , my advise is don't drink and drive. Honda I believe uses a technology called power on demand responsive steering. So get used to it. My old pilot has 125,000 miles and I just got another one last week. After 125,000 miles my old car still runs just as good as the brand spanking new one. So that should tell you about the quality.

Variable Cylinder Management, music system, storage spaces, crash ratings, and the idea of using regular gas

Rear of the Pilot can do with some major aesthetic improvements. Maybe redesign to resemble the MDX

• SUV