2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Excellent SUV! Bad fuel economy
By Barry on 01/21/10 14:12 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased on Dec 31 to take advantage of the 6000 pound GVWR for tax purposes. I traded my 2007 Acura MDX, which was a great vehicle itself . The Pilot rides smoother than the Acura and has significantly more room. The Navigation systems in Honda/Acura products can't be beat, unlike other makes, they do not restrict use while in motion. Acceleration is good and storage space, cup holders etc is excellent!. The fuel economy is below average for a V6 engine, I am getting around 14 mpg in city driving

Great SUV, mpg not even close
By Al on 01/19/10 15:00 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Chevy Trailblazer EXT hoping to get an SUV with better gas mileage. We have put on aprox. 1000 miles and only have been getting 11 mpg city and 14-15 mpg highway (on a trip to the coast). We drive with the ECO light on and don't heavy foot it. The dealership service guys have told us to "hang in there" and wait for the motor to "break in". I am very discouraged with the mpg. Otherwise, it is a very nice vehicle, nice ride, nice handling, low road noise, and very comfortable. The bigger test will be this spring as I tow our 3,600 pound boat. I am hoping it will do ok going over the passes to Central Oregon and the Oregon Coast. Overall, I am pleased with the SUV.

4WD Touring w/ Nav
By Fantom5 on 01/13/10 12:19 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall very happy. Loved my '97 4 Runner but this car has much more interior space, better advertised mileage than the '10 4Runner. Quiet, handles very well and luxurious on the inside although some of the trim seems a little cheap. No real complaints. Handled great in our last snow storm. Overall mileage so far according to trip meter 18.1 over 950 miles. Haven't been on the highway for any extended period yet. Would expect improvement when broken in and switched to synthetic oil. Great sound and Nav system. Love bluetooth and iPod interactivity-never need to take your hands off wheel. Boxy exterior but you know that going in. No pulling or mechanical issues so far.

Best SUV in class!
By Mike B. on 01/10/10 09:38 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our Second Pilot, we traded in our 2006 EX- L. When we test drove the 2010, we were sold. We opted for the full featured Touring model, and have been pleasantly surprised with all of the features. For the price we paid (Just over $38,000) there is no way you could buy a comparable SUV in any other brand. The added benefit is, it is a Honda, which once you've owned one, sells itself. We have a large family, Three Kids, and this car does great on road trips. If you are on the fence on what model to buy, get the touring. For what you get, it is well worth it!

2010 pilot
By denise on 01/06/10 10:35 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in our 2007 Odyssey for pilot. Miss the room the van provided have three kids who play lots of sports. Interior quality could be better. Have not seen pull to the right issue, but did mention that as a concern when we bought and the salesperson said never heard of that! Didn't really test drive many other suvs although gmc Acadia has gotten good reviews. Stuck with Honda for reliability factor. Hopefully won't be disappointed.

BEST SUV SO FAR
By bob on 01/06/10 09:36 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought of purchasing an SUV, I was looking at sedans last year but then I never have enough room when I drive home for vacations. I looked at the pathfinder, highlander, 4runner and the aspen. Then while driving home I was passed by a fast moving pilot, I went for a test drive on all SUV's mentioned above but the pilot was the cream of the crop. It had everything I wanted and more for the price; the room and comfort sold me. I wish the gas mileage was better since it has a engine management system but I already knew what I was getting into since it is an SUV.

Love our Pilot!
By Ross on 01/04/10 12:11 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, very satisfied. Primarily used by my wife who drives 1/2 mile to work one way. Mileage is bad but with wife's short commute, this isn't that critical. Engine compartment fuse box cover was missing and only discovered after getting vehicle home. This necessitated a trip back to dealer. Ride on highway not bad at all for a "truck". Acceleration and braking seem fine. Additional room from the 2007 Pilot we turned in at lease-end is a plus. Bothersome that the roof rack is a $400.00 extra. Other than that, no complaints.

Great Vehicle!
By txmommy on 01/02/10 07:34 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previous to this I had a 2000 Honda Accord, after two kids we needed more space. This Pilot definitely has more space and can comfortably fit three across (with a car seat in the middle). It has a smooth drive and the gas mileage is as advertised, though I do not have a lead foot and drive conservatively. The interior is very roomy, I was surprised it was so big. The leather does seem a bit cheap since it seems like it discolors easily and attracts the blue color off of jeans, I have the light grey leather. Overall I am very pleased with my new Pilot. It gets great mileage, has lots of room, is very safe and easy to drive and maneuver and I enjoy it immensely!

new pilot 2010
By deb on 12/31/09 08:05 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have put 1500 mi on my pilot in 2 weeks. The dashboard is well light and easy to read. The fog lights are GREAT. Gas mileage is about 20.5 so far, but it's a Honda so I will get better. I don't notice any pulling to the right as mentioned by others. Handles very well in 6 in snow.

New EX-L
By John on 12/28/09 04:55 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took a 600 mile road trip over Christmas. The pilot did great, we have one 15 month old and another on the way. The vehicle is roomy and very comfortable to drive. Love all the cubbies to store stuff in. The suspension is amazing and the highway ride is great as well. I did not notice any lack of power and got 21mpg as it is not broken in yet. Go drive one for yourself, I drove a lot of vehicles but none of them stacked up safety and feature wise to the Pilot.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot in WA is:

$179 per month*