2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
the right suv
By mrbx4 on 02/21/10 03:53 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this vehicle is exactly what it's supposed to be!! A comfortable family SUV with Honda reliable reputation. Picked it from Dealership in NY and drove right to VA on business trip. Highway Mileage was 22MPG driving 70 MPH. THis car did not pull to the right which i have read in other reviews Will take some time to learn all the features of the Nav. Overall it wasn't that difficult. Coming from a Audi Q7. Honda doesn't compare in handling or performance, but the difference in price on a lease is well in favor of the Honda. I recommend the Honda for what it is.

Terrific
By Mistyfiedw on 02/16/10 20:18 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to hit 1000 miles before my review. The reviews I read were pretty up and down. I am overly pleased with my Pilot! Brakes are great, no pulling to the right and I ADORE the boxy look. Exactly what I wanted. Mileage? Going from a car to a truck I expected less, it only cost $10 more to fill than my Camry and I do not feel like I am stopping for gas that much more often. The room is invaluable, very comfortable and (come on it is not a BMW) but for an SUV this is way fun to drive. I hope to have this Pilot for many years. For reference I am a 31 year old professional, I have never owned an SUV before.

Almost perfect!
By ajc2000 on 02/14/10 15:31 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not sure why this is not the most popular SUV. I traded in the 2006 Pilot EXL for the 2010 Pilot Touring w/ Nav/Res for all of it's bells & whistles, which the 2006 had none. I've owned many SUVs, Ford Explorer, Mountaineer, Jeep Ltd, Pathfinder and my wife currently has a Merc ML350 and this is by far the best. Ride is smooth like a luxury car, has every option I could ask for and reliability of a Honda. Surprised not to feel the ECO system switch off cylinders; don't even feel it kick on & off.

Average SUV
By iampilot on 02/09/10 15:57 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought the pilot two months back and I have added ~2300 miles so far. Overall, the ride is comfortable with minimal road noise. It can handle snow quite comfortably even on a 2WD. I initially experienced the truck pulling to right and took it to the dealer. He told me that he observed the problem too and rotated the tires and adjusted the tire pressure! I don't have a lot of complaints about this now. My biggest complaint is the mileage. I am averaging 16 in city and maybe 21 on the highway which is far less compared with other SUV's in its class for a 2WD. Overall nothing out of the box, average SUV for 30K.

GoodBye Soccer Mom!
By Kathy on 02/08/10 15:46 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2010 AWD Touring Pilot is a great vehicle. After looking at EVERY 7-8 passenger vehicle on the market, this vehicle not only offered looks, but most importantly the room and comfort we need. It has the Honda quality and value that we want as well. Hondas rock!!!

Needs better gas milage
By Mike sinitiere on 02/07/10 10:28 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very disappointed with the fuel economy.(Needs to come with a free gas gift card $100 dollars or so)Seems like Honda could do better with this.I will by Toyota next time if the fuel economy does not get better.I will bring in for a little pull to the right.I did read the reviews and it looks like I got the 2 negatives that was said about the Honda pilot.

Great
By dj speed on 02/02/10 19:23 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This model is greatly improved. Its bigger than my previous 05 model. Lots of extra features like tri-zone climate, backup camera, stability control, etc. The DVD screen is a little small but it sounds great. The ride is just a tad stiffer but it handles much better. The power feels about the same. I don't agree with Edmunds' performance review. How did they get an almost 10 second 0-60mph time? Did they test it going up a hill? The car gained less than a hundred lbs. and also has a little more power. Two seconds slower to 60mph...I don't think so. Test drove a Mazda CX-9. Did not like it at all. The Pilot is way smoother,quieter and more refined.

Like it a lot, though some odd thinking
By denver5357 on 01/30/10 09:16 AM (PST)

We trade in an 05 Odyssey for the Pilot, for better snow capabilities. I know a Pilot isn't a minivan, but only having two cup holders up front is disappointing. When we buy food for the family (small kids) we miss those extra cup holders in the Ody. The running boards we added are a necessity. Kids and small adults couldn't get in easily without them. The one thing that irks us is that the third row does NOT fold flat. Some people say it does, but it is inclined. We knew that before we bought it, but it still was a negative. Stuff can slide and our big dog has a tough time with the angle. Mileage has only been about 15 mpg but we drive almost all short trips (3-5 miles.

2010 Honda Pilot
By Watson on 01/30/10 07:18 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2010 Pilot is a blast to drive. It feels as solid as a tank, but lots of creature comforts and tremendous interior cabin room for a family of 4 + a large dog....

Gas Hog
By mjhebert4 on 01/29/10 04:56 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like the vehicle's features and looks. The only thing I have a problem with is the gas mileage. I traded in a Ford Excursion with a diesel engine and am getting close to the same miles per gallon in city(14) and highway(20)driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*