2010 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Steering issues
By mgb on 03/11/10 17:17 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After steering issues with a CR-V I previously owned, I had some concerns about buying a Pilot but after some test drives and conversations with my dealer, my concerns were alleviated. Big mistake on my part. It just took one experience of accelerating while going up a fairly steep highway hill and trying to change lanes to the right to convince me that my Pilot is dangerous. It 'floated' back toward the original lane I was in on its own accord. Since then I've noticed that quite often when I accelerate going up a hill, especially coming out of a right turn, it doesn't stick to the road. Hopefully I'll be rid of it before I have to depend on it in an emergency situation.

Interior Plastic Scratches Easily
By mommyofthree on 03/11/10 09:28 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love driving my new 2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD RES. The only negative comment I have is interior plastic is awful. Scratched in so many places already! I have had the car only 1 month. Black plastic on dashboard is chipping and has turned white. Seems as if you touch the plastic is scrapes. Also DVD seems to be rattling tons when not in use.

Love my Pilot!
By Kelli on 03/10/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had a couple of Honda vehicles previously -- a 2004 Odyssey and a 2007 Element (which I traded in for this Pilot). Both have been excellent vehicles, so it was an easy decision to get another Honda. I adored my Element and it drove fantastic, so I actually didn't have any intention of trading it in for a Pilot that day. But as I looked at the new body design, I loved it. I've previously not been a fan of the Pilot. Then I looked a bit more at the interior features - really comfortable, liked how the rear entertainment system worked, and was impressed by the way it drove.

Pull to the right, low mpg
By jrock258 on 03/07/10 20:44 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 10 Pilot in 8/09. The pull to the right was obvious from the start. The car would drive off the road in 3-4 seconds. After 5 trips to the dealer, pulling stopped. The first 5 trips incl. switch fr and rr tires, replace 1st bad tire, rear alignment, front alignment and adj'd steering wheel. None fixed the problem. On trip #5, (6 if you count the test drive with the Serv Mgr.), tires were tested for tire pull (Google Hunter gsp9700), 2nd bad tire was replaced and the pull stopped. On Edmunds, there are +15 complaints about the 09/10 Pilot pulling to the right. All complaints are for the LX/EX with Good Year Fortera H/L, Last count for Tour'g model complaints with Michelins. = zero

Love it!
By Bob on 03/06/10 10:11 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Mileage is a little weak but overall car is great, comfort, handles well, drives nice. I love mine!

For the Price, this car is The Bomb!
By Colt on 03/03/10 18:11 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the size of this SUV. It's perfect for the traveling sales person, as it's a large safe car with excellent crash test scores. Too many bells and whistles to even begin to discuss. I'd keep this SUV on your short list. The kids are begging to take this car to Florida for Spring Break, instead of the minivan.

Great By Us
By Eubie on 02/28/10 10:03 AM (PST)

Tested all others and kept coming back to the Pilot since we have an 03 with 93,000 problem free miles. This 2010 was a definite upgrade from previous models. It is so updated and slightly larger. Great nav and dvd with leather. The ride and drive is quiet and tight. Fuel economy has been 17 to 20 depending and I accept that. Great family vehicle. I must also say that Honda reliability is second to none.

Drive one, You'll buy one.
By Clemson Fan on 02/27/10 17:47 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just the right size. Bigger than our old 2000 Explorer. Rides MUCH smoother and 10 times quieter and more refined. Steers perfectly straight, has very steady wheel, so don't be put off by all that pulls right talk! 24 mpg on hwy, 18 in city, 20.5 mixed. Not bad for 4000lb SUV - it is a Honda, but not a Civic or Accord, so be realistic. Super quiet, comfortable, handles great, good power. This SUV deserves a very close look if you are in the market.

Pulls to the right
By Agent K on 02/25/10 18:46 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I read the reviews and was aware of the possible "pulling to the right". The 2 Pilots I test drove did not have this problem. Unfortunately, I was not able to test drive the one we actually bought...left that to the wife who said she didn't notice it even though I said to really look for it. Well, when I finally got to drive it several days later, I notice the pulling to the right big time. How she didn't notice this is beyond me (don't get me started). I didn't notice it on higher speeds (60 and over), but noticeable at 40 and under. Brought it back to the dealer and they did an alignment and it does seem better now although higher speeds now seem a bit worse (but acceptable).

Disappointed by Mileage
By SteveinPA on 02/24/10 09:32 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new EX-L 4wd 2 mos ago. Was a compromise-- basically bought it because it was a foot shorter than other 7-8 seaters (Traverse, CX-9) so much better fit in garage. And I have had good experience with Hondas. I had a CRV previously and got the epa highway milage in my mixed driving, so I was hoping for the same with the pilot. Unfortunately I have been averaging 17 mpg, less than the 18 epa figure for mixed driving. This is the same engine they have in the v-6 accord, so they know how to tune it for better mileage, unfortunately it seems the engine is too small for such a large vehicle and must be tuned to suck gas to make the vehicle go. Acceleration is slow in any event.