Used 2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Great SUV - Great for the Road
By MDG

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV for Highway driving. We consistently get 22 MPG (wish it were better, but not bad for this size car). Great Nav system (negative is you have to pay for version upgrades). Good size interior to hall stuff, a MUST is the back area plastic cover. For me I got the full area cover (pricey at $300 - but worth it). Great hide away storage in the back - good for jumper cables, tools, trailer hitch, and other stuff. Rides great on the road and in town. Sound system could be better for this price - but lots of electronic toys to play with - a plus for me 110 volt outlet and Ipod connection that is integrated. I would recommend this car to anyone and would purchase it again.

Nav system 110 power outlet Ipod integrated connection hands free cell hide away in the back storage fold down thrid seat

Better Gas mileage (we get 22 hwy - should get better). Lower storage level giving more square footage for a load inside the back

Best bang for my buck!
By Happy Pilot owner

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove 4 SUVs before I decided to buy the Pilot. The SUVs I test drove were -MB GLK350 -MB ML350,Toyota Land Cruiser, Honda Pilot The reason for me to choose the Pilot were Honda built quality/reliability. Everything I wanted is all inclusive (ex.BT, Nav, rear DVD, etc.). Size and functionality of large SUV. -Drives and rides like a 4-door sedan. Compared to other SUVs, Honda gave me a better deal.

BT, rear DVD, Nav, rear privacy curtains for my baby, back-up camera, etc. is all inclusive in one package. Compare to others ***cough***MB*** they charge you extra for rear dvd and such.

Power from its 3.5 L V6 is fairly underpowered compared to it's counterparts.

2010 Pilot scores an A-minus
By matt

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far the Pilot has been exactly as advertised. My driving is 90% highway where the Pilot gets 20 mpg as stickered. Some reviewers said their Pilot pulled to the right, but I've seen no pulling at all. Suspension is good and the ride is comfortable, as are the plush seats. The third-row seats easily fold down to provide additional cargo room. The Pilot also contains an unusual feature where the second-row seats can be moved forward or backward for additional leg room. Second-row climate controls are conveniently located with digital readout. Navigation system is easy to use; the same display doubles as stereo command center. Voice commands work well. Storage nooks are numerous.

Best features are interior comfort, gas mileage, interior space, location and quantity of storage nooks, and navigation system.

Climate control fan speed on its lowest setting provides too much air at highway speeds. Outside air temperature reading should be placed in the center console; in its current location you can't read the odometer and temperature at the same time.

2010 vs 2004 Honda Pilot
By jnbxu

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 2004 Honda that was a fantastic SUV with 90,000 Miles and paid for, I opted to trade in my 1995 Ford Exp(cash for clunkers) for a 2010 Pilot ex-l. My wife now drives the 2004 and really loves it. I prefer the 2010 due to added size, electronics, meters with MPG, tire pressure mothree tripnitors, sun roof, storage, back up camera etc. I still love the 2004 and enjoy driving it. I could get up to 25 MPG on the 2004 and even though not yet broken in I have gotten up to 22 MPG on the 2010. The 18 to 20 MPG for combined driving is accurate. I never had an issue with the 2004, 85K miles on OE tires, 90K on brakes, OE battery still operational. Hope the 2010 does as well.

Back up camera, sun roof, interior room, added storage, trailer hitch, XM radio. Reliability. Oil monitor. Went to 7.5K miles with 30 % usage left but wanted to have wiring harness for trailer hitch so I had changed. I have always felt Honda Dealers have been more than fair on service cost.

Addition of a V8 option. My son has a 2003 and bought a much bigger boat. His 2003 not quite big enough to tow comfortably so he traded in his Accord, his wife wouldn't let him get rid of the Pilot, for a V8 Chevrolet Avalanche.

Sunroof air leak issues
By Steve

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are repeat Pilot owners of a 2004 and a new 2010 Pilot. We really like the new body design and this time we went with the higher end model with leather, rear entertainment and a sunroof. I had the car in for an air leak in the sunroof which gets worse at speeds over 55 MPH. Dealership service team said this is normal and I disagree.

Fix the air leak/hissing from sunroof