2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Happy owner
By Don on 04/16/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're new to Honda; wanting one due to having a dealer close by. Motor Week said it was the best SUV for the year. Averaging about 17 mpg mixed driving. Have got up to 25 mpg at times on expressway. On recent trip Mrs and I agreed we had less travel fatigue. I like the size while having a lower profile with a wide track. I have some tiny remorse about not considering (test-driving) the Touring model.

Great Family Car - Not a Minivan
By Henry on 04/14/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2010 Pilot about a month ago. While many of the professional reviews of the vehicle lambaste the styling, we think this is one of its stronger points. We did not want a crossover that looks like a minivan. We think the Pilot blends SUV styling with crossover practicality. We decided to select the Pilot over the Highlander because of the additional interior space. So far the Pilot has exceeded our expectations. It is great for two young kids, easy to load up, and tons of storage space. Gas mileage is ok, but for a larger vehicle it is as expected.

2 row seat, leather popping out.
By Dan on 04/14/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is perfect. Just that I have a problem with the back seat. The leather popping out for both back seats. This also happened to my friend, who bought an EX. Is there a problem with HONDA? The leather seat from the second row popping out. HIGHLY recommended who own a PILOT with leather seat, should check the second row.

Best truck on the road for the money
By booboo on 04/10/10 23:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driven 7000 miles in 2 months, no problems, snow, desert, excellent drive, handles, tight corners on calif. Highway 1 no problem. Owned Mercedes, beamers, Honda beats them all for the money 22.9 highway mpg. For 4x4 too.

Repeat Buyer
By Ryan on 04/06/10 04:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For those folks who think this vehicle "floats" away while trying to steer, or pulling to the side , my advise is don't drink and drive. Honda I believe uses a technology called power on demand responsive steering. So get used to it. My old pilot has 125,000 miles and I just got another one last week. After 125,000 miles my old car still runs just as good as the brand spanking new one. So that should tell you about the quality.

Impressed
By Piloteer on 04/05/10 16:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Experienced SUV owners: Pilot,Sequoia, Land Cruiser, Xterra, Outback, Forester, Suburban, Explorer, Commander. We 'thoroughly' examined (down to where the jack is stored and the type of spare tire)and road tested the Pilot(on a variety of surfaces and at various speeds). We like its Jeepesque squared off look. Excellent seats. Driving position very good on long trips. Nice layout of controls. Great storage. Excellent center console design and shifter location. Good mileage in aggressive driving: 18+ combined city, country and mountain roads not worrying about keeping the ECO light on. Quiet. Very stable and neutral driving dynamics for an SUV. Tracks well on the highway.

Best SUV so far
By wtm on 04/02/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving different kind of SUV but this is great one worth your money believe me gas consumption good for its size. mine got 21 miles/gallon combined city/highway

No Buyers Remorse
By indyfamily on 04/01/10 06:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We checked out both the Highlander and the Pilot as replacements for our aged Tahoe. For the money we felt that the Pilot was far more spacious & practical in its interior arrangement. Now, after several months, we have not had any problems with it. Its power is impressive and the 4WD has proven capable too. Even the kids like it.

Another Great Honda!
By mjc on 03/27/10 18:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 4th Honda and it was an easy choice to make. Very happy with how quiet the ride is and how comfortable the seating is. We love the style of body design.It was the reason that got us in to take a test drive. Very impressed with the way the Pilot handles road. We travel a bit with our 2 dogs and find the back (with 3rd row down)to have plenty of room for them.

Touring Model makes the difference!
By Ron on 03/27/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the car 2 days ago, so far so good! I love the features on Touring model like the trip computer, NAVI hands free caller ID, easy to to use compare to my Nissan hands free. When my kids are watching the DVD is not comfortable, they watch it sideways, need to fix that they ended up sitting on the 3rd row. Set up my iphone in less than a minute as well as my garage! I will drive to Orlando and i will write back after the trip!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot in NJ is:

$243 per month*