2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: 2010 vs 2004 Honda Pilot

2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Review

2010 vs 2004 Honda Pilot
By jnbxu on

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 2004 Honda that was a fantastic SUV with 90,000 Miles and paid for, I opted to trade in my 1995 Ford Exp(cash for clunkers) for a 2010 Pilot ex-l. My wife now drives the 2004 and really loves it. I prefer the 2010 due to added size, electronics, meters with MPG, tire pressure mothree tripnitors, sun roof, storage, back up camera etc. I still love the 2004 and enjoy driving it. I could get up to 25 MPG on the 2004 and even though not yet broken in I have gotten up to 22 MPG on the 2010. The 18 to 20 MPG for combined driving is accurate. I never had an issue with the 2004, 85K miles on OE tires, 90K on brakes, OE battery still operational. Hope the 2010 does as well.

Back up camera, sun roof, interior room, added storage, trailer hitch, XM radio. Reliability. Oil monitor. Went to 7.5K miles with 30 % usage left but wanted to have wiring harness for trailer hitch so I had changed. I have always felt Honda Dealers have been more than fair on service cost.

Addition of a V8 option. My son has a 2003 and bought a much bigger boat. His 2003 not quite big enough to tow comfortably so he traded in his Accord, his wife wouldn't let him get rid of the Pilot, for a V8 Chevrolet Avalanche.