2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Wish I could do it over again
By kasrhp on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would never get this Pilot again. I have had several build quality issues from rattling to air gaps in window seal and having to get brakes fixed twice in 6 months, as well as re- sealing the sunroof. I don't expect that from Honda. The engine is mediocre at best, the navigation system is useless and outdated, the cargo area is not flat, the shifter is from the Odyssey mini- van, the wheels are too small with no option for bigger, no wood trim in a $38k vehicle, cylinder de-activation is clunky and noisy, plastics are cheap with many different types throughout the cabin, and it isn't the quietest suv out there. But it is roomy, wide and drives like a sedan. Stereo sounds good tho.

Tire Trouble
By Cheryl on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has anyone had to replace the tires on their 2010 Pilot? We have been told that we need to replace all four tires already because the pressure light keeps going on and the tires are worn already. Seems like a lot of money to spend already.

Verdict is still out, so far favorable
By East PA Pilot on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 06 4runner in on this car. While this has what I am looking for, smoother ride, more room inside, I agree with some posts on here, quality seems cheaper than my past Honda's. Also be sure to drive this car at a highway speed around 65-75 mph. Seems that they all have a lot of wind noise around the front rear edges of the doors where the windows seal. First car I have owned in 10+ years to have this kinda of window open/air leak sound. Disappointing for a 30k+ car. Otherwise, the car pulls my boat even better than my 4runner despite less hp and torque. So far only one odd issue with dome lights but hasn't happened again.

Good SUV but pulls to the right
By Michael on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a good car. Had a previous Nissan Armada and got tired of driving a "School bus". Overall fit and finish is great. Main problem is that the car is pulling to the right. Had to bring the car in 4 times and finally after driving with the tech, they agree that it does indeed pull to the right. (why it took them 4 times to acknowledge this is beyond me) It pulled to the right from day one. Make sure you test drive your car before you buy it. There is a service bulletin out (which the dealer had no idea about and did not divulge this, I had to research this) and check your VIN number. In fact just don't buy this car if it is listed within the service bulletins VIN #.

Disappointed
By toobad on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my first Honda in 1985; I have purchased one every 5 years since. Once purchased, I never had to worry outside of routine maintenance. Around the year 2000 I started noticing minor issues and a decline in the fit and finish. The dealership would always pooh pooh my concerns and never find anything wrong. I purchased a 2005 Pilot 6/05 that developed major electrical problems at 100k miles. I traded it for a 2010 Pilot 3/10. I had it in the shop 3 times the first 3 weeks, 6 times the first 6 months. The blew me off with the sunroof issue. Now I have electrical problems, the drivers door won't open and close properly, the list goes on.

Still on the fense
By Frank on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought a 2010 Pilot at Boch in Norwood, EX-l w/res; the purchase experience what one of the best I have had I would recommend if you're in the mkt go there. As for the car, it's for my wife and she is very happy that we bought it. I think the interior is not reflective of the price paid (too much plastic) and I agree with the sluggish comments on the engine it sound have more pep! The tire pressure light already went on, called the dealer they said to come in to service so they can review, great. I will make sure to give an update in 6 months or so. good luck

Practicality of a minivan w/o the stigma
By Chris A on 09/08/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Pilot, my first being an '05 model, which I liked quite a bit. The 2nd generation addresses a lot of the faults of the first generation, most notably the design of the third row is much improved and the pop up rear glass. Although these improvements are most welcome, there are still a few issues. Honda needs to go back to the drawing board on the engine in this vehicle, and improve low-end torque. That is the reason the fuel economy is poor - mostly because you have to give it lots of gas to keep up with traffic. Sure, it's heavy and big, but I'm convinced it would do much better with tuning. The only other issue is the tacky interior plastics, which are GM-like.

A little bit disappointed
By Ivan on 08/20/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second review. I have this pilot for 5months now. It is fun to drive and performs well except of the following. 1. Moonroof occasionally has problems. i already received letter from Honda that they will update it. 2. Paint on the bumper starts to peel. I was disappointed because i am not expecting that i will have paint problems in just 5 months. dealer said that they will fix it. 3. Seat belt at the 2nd or 3rd row rattles. this is somewhat annoying. I suggest that if you want to buy a pilot check the paint quality on the bumper and door edges of the vehicle.

Trying not to regret
By Toonman on 08/16/10 18:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for the spaciousness and 3rd row. I never owned a Honda and heard about Honda's reliability and quality. Since I bought this, I had 2 issues. First is the moonroof will not close. It goes back halfway and kicks back. Sent to dealer twice and they reprogram the system. Still the same issue. A week ago, I received a recall letter asking me to bring back my Pilot for a moonroof software update. Second issue is the car keeps pulling to the right. I have seen some reviews about this. Brought it to the dealer twice and they said nothing wrong. Obviously this is not the first car I have driven and I know when a car is pulling to its right. I am hoping for another recall...

What could be better?
By CCAR on 08/14/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee with too many problems to list, so I gave it back. The '10 Pilot is excellent. What can't you do with it? I have not seen any pulling problems. All of the extras on the vehicle are wonderful. Get the DVD system if you have children, also gives you a better speaker system, which Honda is known not to have.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$143 per month*