2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Touring w/ our Pilot
By Jerry on 09/09/09 01:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove all comparable SUVs (highlander, enclave, etc...) and found this vehicle a perfect fit for our family of 5. Others may have better gas mileage, and looks good on the outside, but the Pilot drives much better. It feels solid and comfortable w/ enough power even when towing our 21ft boat. Tech gadgets took a little time to learn, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature, convenient, and fun. I love the back-up camera on the Nav monitor. I now instinctively look for it when I use other cars. This is definitely way better than the minivan it replaced.

Better gas mileage that I planned for!!!
By agne on 09/07/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Pilot for just over a week. It is the best vehicle I have had thus far. (4th Honda we have purchased) Rides great and interior room is great. Child loves the RES. The ECO mode is great. In town mileage I am getting 18.5mpg took it on the highway this weekend for a trip averaged 24mpg on the way to our destination an 25mpg on the way home!!! Yes you read that right. That was also with regular 87 octane. If you do your part it can do its part.

Needs some changes
By Arun on 08/24/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2010 Pilot is an excellent choice for large sized SUV. It provides great comfort and rideability, and has ample room for 8 people. The interior design is excellent except for usage of cheap looking plastic on the dashboard. One thing I missed from my CRV was the conversation mirror, which was great for checking on your kids, without turning your head. Performance wise, the Pilot is no slouch, but its probably the first guzzler from Honda. All over the internet people are complaining of poor mileage. I am hard pressed to get their EPA 17 mpg in city. Braking distance is another valid complaint, it takes more distance to stop when braking at 60mph and above.

2010 Honda Pilot AWD / RES
By Calvin on 08/21/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I finally traded in my Van for this SUV. So far, I like it better then my Van. one problem I noticed, it seems to pull to the right. Looks like others are having this same problem. I brought it to dealer, they said, they are not seeing the problem. They said it is normal that it pulls if I accelerate. I think that is junk! My brother CRV is not doing that. For that reason, I lower its quality to 7.

Excellent SUV
By Mark Beres on 08/20/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My girlfriend purchased a Pilot. We looked at all of its competitors in class, and the Pilot was the undeniable standout. We took it to Colorado and put it through the paces - EXCELLENT comfort, good views, handles superbly offroad (we went on some really craggy/bumpy rock roads ... steep too). The rear-diff lock is a definite plus (and helpful in steep spots). The Pilot is incredibly comfortable, exceptionally roomy. She got the EX-L, and its comfort and ride are awesome. Only negative is that the steering is heavier than some might like, but that makes it really solid at highway speed. The backup mirror is VERY useful. It eats gas (we got 23 mpg between Tucson and Telluride).

Fun to drive
By Ceas on 08/17/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this Honda Pilot EX 2010. The interior is perfect, exterior is a little boxy but is ok. The only issue is its pulling to the right. I brought it back to the dealer to fix it. I waited around 1 1/2 hrs. to fix it and then they said they adjusted it, but its still pulling to the right. The service crew said its normal because of the road curves or condition which is unacceptable reason for me because I've been driving for more than 20years handling different kinds of vehicle. Maybe I will just wait until they recall this problem.

New Pilot
By HarryO on 08/17/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

We have a 15 year old and needed the extra space. Rides a little like a truck but is very smooth and handles very well. Love the iPod connection and surround sound. Mileage could be a little better but only filled up once so far. Great riding SUV with great styling.

2010 Pilot
By zorin on 08/12/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot is built like vault. Feels very stable and solid on the road especially highway. Compared it to a Toyota Highlander but finally chose pilot as it is wider and lot more comfortable for ALL 8 occupants. Also note that the curb weight is 500 lbs higher than that of highlander giving it a slightly lower mileage but more solid feel.

Family car plus
By c192ps on 08/12/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the Honda after careful consideration of similar vehicles. Construction and fit/finish is excellent, we couldnÂ’t find defects. The handling and ride are good, but speed bumps are a different thing. If you take one above 5-10mph the passengers get a pretty rough jolt, where as my Nissan frontier can take speed bump at 25mph with little effect. The ride of the Pilot is between car like and the truck like ride of the other SUVs.

2010 Pilot
By Bryan on 08/04/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought my first Honda Pilot at the end of June and love it, so far. Coming from Sequoia I was worried about room as older Pilot's were not big enough. Rooms is very sufficient and acceleration will run circles around Sequoia. The vehicle has to be one of the most solid vehicles I have ever purchased, well built vehicle. I had to take the vehicle to the dealer as it was "pulling" to the right as indicated in a lot of 2009 reviews. Seems to have improved after service. Gas Mileage is averaging 16-18 city and 21-22 highway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$143 per month*