Used 2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

For the Price, this car is The Bomb!
By Colt

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the size of this SUV. It's perfect for the traveling sales person, as it's a large safe car with excellent crash test scores. Too many bells and whistles to even begin to discuss. I'd keep this SUV on your short list. The kids are begging to take this car to Florida for Spring Break, instead of the minivan.

Favorite Features

the comfort of the driver's cockpit, the technology, the edgy looks and right angles of the body, section 179 (over 6,000 GVWR tax break)

Suggested Improvements

Steering just a tad tight when parking, from 0-5 mph. Keep working on ways to improve gas mileage

Great By Us
By Eubie

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Tested all others and kept coming back to the Pilot since we have an 03 with 93,000 problem free miles. This 2010 was a definite upgrade from previous models. It is so updated and slightly larger. Great nav and dvd with leather. The ride and drive is quiet and tight. Fuel economy has been 17 to 20 depending and I accept that. Great family vehicle. I must also say that Honda reliability is second to none.

Favorite Features

Nav, DVD, Back up camera, Quietness, Tightness, Smoothness, and the OEM Michelin LTX M/S.

Drive one, You'll buy one.
By Clemson Fan

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just the right size. Bigger than our old 2000 Explorer. Rides MUCH smoother and 10 times quieter and more refined. Steers perfectly straight, has very steady wheel, so don't be put off by all that pulls right talk! 24 mpg on hwy, 18 in city, 20.5 mixed. Not bad for 4000lb SUV - it is a Honda, but not a Civic or Accord, so be realistic. Super quiet, comfortable, handles great, good power. This SUV deserves a very close look if you are in the market.

Favorite Features

Build quality, fit, finish. Heated comfortable leather seats. Seats give you a hug, so might not be good fit for really big person. Rear view camera. Lots of pockets, cubbies, cup holders. Great info on control panel and dash. Sliding 2nd row seat, real-size 3rd row seat, fold flat seats, cargo vol

Suggested Improvements

Honda philosophy of including almost everything in a small number of trims is great. So why not include the wiring for the tow package when the hitch receiver and transmission cooler are standard? My only real complaint. Consider getting the side steps. I got cheap online from Bernardi Honda.

Pulls to the right
By Agent K

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I read the reviews and was aware of the possible "pulling to the right". The 2 Pilots I test drove did not have this problem. Unfortunately, I was not able to test drive the one we actually bought...left that to the wife who said she didn't notice it even though I said to really look for it. Well, when I finally got to drive it several days later, I notice the pulling to the right big time. How she didn't notice this is beyond me (don't get me started). I didn't notice it on higher speeds (60 and over), but noticeable at 40 and under. Brought it back to the dealer and they did an alignment and it does seem better now although higher speeds now seem a bit worse (but acceptable).

Suggested Improvements

Test drive it before it leaves the factory.

Disappointed by Mileage
By SteveinPA

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new EX-L 4wd 2 mos ago. Was a compromise-- basically bought it because it was a foot shorter than other 7-8 seaters (Traverse, CX-9) so much better fit in garage. And I have had good experience with Hondas. I had a CRV previously and got the epa highway milage in my mixed driving, so I was hoping for the same with the pilot. Unfortunately I have been averaging 17 mpg, less than the 18 epa figure for mixed driving. This is the same engine they have in the v-6 accord, so they know how to tune it for better mileage, unfortunately it seems the engine is too small for such a large vehicle and must be tuned to suck gas to make the vehicle go. Acceleration is slow in any event.

Favorite Features

Roomy, shorter than competitors so fits in garage.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, better acceleration.