Used 2010 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Spring break driver
By Ken ON

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was waiting for the new 4Runner before making a decision to buy a new vehicle. I also checked out most competitors including the MB M Class. The Pilot was still the winner by far. A week after taking delivery we left Toronto for Florida for spring break vacation. This is a 2400 KM (1500 Mi) drive one way. The vehicle performed exceptionally well in every aspect. Comfortable for driver and passengers and the NAV and entertainment system were great assets. I have owned a Yukon and Envoy which do not come close to this Honda Pilot in any way. I previously purchased GM but my wife has had several Honda Accords which helped sell me as they have been outstanding.

Hwy cruiser, handles well for its size, NAV, entertainment system, comfortable seats, well designed interior space.

In Canada we already pay the equivalent of US $4 per gallon so any fuel economy improvement is welcome.

This should help with your decision!
By northeastpilot

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving everything, here's what I found. The popular Acadia got such great reviews but here's how I graded it: interior. B (too many cheap plastics) exterior. A- ride. B+. Drove the Acura (pricey for things I don't need) Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Chevy SUVs. None beating pilot. They either had quality or cargo issues. Here's my grade on the pilot-interior a-, exterior. B+, ride. A. Combined with with build quality & resale, it's a home run. A guy I met said it perfectly. The pilot is like looking for the right woman/wife. She's nice looking but not the prettiest. Get to know her and her qualities will win you over easily. You'll make a mistake going with the prettiest SUV (woman.

Ride quality, roomy interior, excellent functionality. You get what you pay for. You want a Chevy or Ford, go ahead but the reality is Honda/Acura is in another class.

A slight change to the exterior body styling to make a higher % of people attracted to it. Don't go by photos. See it in person. It's very nice looking.

Steering issues
By mgb

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After steering issues with a CR-V I previously owned, I had some concerns about buying a Pilot but after some test drives and conversations with my dealer, my concerns were alleviated. Big mistake on my part. It just took one experience of accelerating while going up a fairly steep highway hill and trying to change lanes to the right to convince me that my Pilot is dangerous. It 'floated' back toward the original lane I was in on its own accord. Since then I've noticed that quite often when I accelerate going up a hill, especially coming out of a right turn, it doesn't stick to the road. Hopefully I'll be rid of it before I have to depend on it in an emergency situation.

Great stereo, comfortable seats, nice leather, roomy, easy to fold down seats, great visibility.

Fix the steering issues or get rid of front wheel drive.

Interior Plastic Scratches Easily
By mommyofthree

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love driving my new 2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD RES. The only negative comment I have is interior plastic is awful. Scratched in so many places already! I have had the car only 1 month. Black plastic on dashboard is chipping and has turned white. Seems as if you touch the plastic is scrapes. Also DVD seems to be rattling tons when not in use.

Drive, Visibility, and 3 car seats fit across 2nd row.

Upgrade interior plastic! PLEASE! Its cheap and scratches SO easy!

Love my Pilot!
By Kelli

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had a couple of Honda vehicles previously -- a 2004 Odyssey and a 2007 Element (which I traded in for this Pilot). Both have been excellent vehicles, so it was an easy decision to get another Honda. I adored my Element and it drove fantastic, so I actually didn't have any intention of trading it in for a Pilot that day. But as I looked at the new body design, I loved it. I've previously not been a fan of the Pilot. Then I looked a bit more at the interior features - really comfortable, liked how the rear entertainment system worked, and was impressed by the way it drove.

Nice comfy ride, feels luxurious, love the fact we have dashboard controls and a detachable remote for the rear entertainment system. Still plenty of room for the dogs behind the third row seat if needed. The backup camera is a luxury I've never had and after an Element with limited visibility, A++!

Would be nice if running boards were standard - my kids have to reach a bit to get in and out (they are tall 5 & 7 year olds).

• SUV