Used 2010 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

This should help with your decision!
By northeastpilot

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving everything, here's what I found. The popular Acadia got such great reviews but here's how I graded it: interior. B (too many cheap plastics) exterior. A- ride. B+. Drove the Acura (pricey for things I don't need) Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Chevy SUVs. None beating pilot. They either had quality or cargo issues. Here's my grade on the pilot-interior a-, exterior. B+, ride. A. Combined with with build quality & resale, it's a home run. A guy I met said it perfectly. The pilot is like looking for the right woman/wife. She's nice looking but not the prettiest. Get to know her and her qualities will win you over easily. You'll make a mistake going with the prettiest SUV (woman.

Ride quality, roomy interior, excellent functionality. You get what you pay for. You want a Chevy or Ford, go ahead but the reality is Honda/Acura is in another class.

A slight change to the exterior body styling to make a higher % of people attracted to it. Don't go by photos. See it in person. It's very nice looking.

Steering issues
By mgb

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After steering issues with a CR-V I previously owned, I had some concerns about buying a Pilot but after some test drives and conversations with my dealer, my concerns were alleviated. Big mistake on my part. It just took one experience of accelerating while going up a fairly steep highway hill and trying to change lanes to the right to convince me that my Pilot is dangerous. It 'floated' back toward the original lane I was in on its own accord. Since then I've noticed that quite often when I accelerate going up a hill, especially coming out of a right turn, it doesn't stick to the road. Hopefully I'll be rid of it before I have to depend on it in an emergency situation.

Great stereo, comfortable seats, nice leather, roomy, easy to fold down seats, great visibility.

Fix the steering issues or get rid of front wheel drive.

Interior Plastic Scratches Easily
By mommyofthree

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love driving my new 2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD RES. The only negative comment I have is interior plastic is awful. Scratched in so many places already! I have had the car only 1 month. Black plastic on dashboard is chipping and has turned white. Seems as if you touch the plastic is scrapes. Also DVD seems to be rattling tons when not in use.

Drive, Visibility, and 3 car seats fit across 2nd row.

Upgrade interior plastic! PLEASE! Its cheap and scratches SO easy!

Love my Pilot!
By Kelli

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had a couple of Honda vehicles previously -- a 2004 Odyssey and a 2007 Element (which I traded in for this Pilot). Both have been excellent vehicles, so it was an easy decision to get another Honda. I adored my Element and it drove fantastic, so I actually didn't have any intention of trading it in for a Pilot that day. But as I looked at the new body design, I loved it. I've previously not been a fan of the Pilot. Then I looked a bit more at the interior features - really comfortable, liked how the rear entertainment system worked, and was impressed by the way it drove.

Nice comfy ride, feels luxurious, love the fact we have dashboard controls and a detachable remote for the rear entertainment system. Still plenty of room for the dogs behind the third row seat if needed. The backup camera is a luxury I've never had and after an Element with limited visibility, A++!

Would be nice if running boards were standard - my kids have to reach a bit to get in and out (they are tall 5 & 7 year olds).

Pull to the right, low mpg
By jrock258

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 10 Pilot in 8/09. The pull to the right was obvious from the start. The car would drive off the road in 3-4 seconds. After 5 trips to the dealer, pulling stopped. The first 5 trips incl. switch fr and rr tires, replace 1st bad tire, rear alignment, front alignment and adj'd steering wheel. None fixed the problem. On trip #5, (6 if you count the test drive with the Serv Mgr.), tires were tested for tire pull (Google Hunter gsp9700), 2nd bad tire was replaced and the pull stopped. On Edmunds, there are +15 complaints about the 09/10 Pilot pulling to the right. All complaints are for the LX/EX with Good Year Fortera H/L, Last count for Tour'g model complaints with Michelins. = zero

The ride is more like a truck than earlier Pilots, but provides adequate comfort. Traction control and handling in heavy snow is great. Console storage area is convenient. Easy to fold rear seats.

Provide better tires on EX/LX, fix the pull and improve MPG. Improve the braking system. (tow capacity?) Incl. the wiring harness in tow package and the cross bars with roof rack. Replace cloth on the doors. Improve Customer feedback. Honda Reps don't about or acknowledge the pull problem.