2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Poor Design for the Money
By khb on 11/14/09 07:36 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing a 2010 Honda Pilot, I would urge a sense of caution!! I purchased mine in Aug 2009. Within 2 weeks I wished I hadn't. There is a terrible dash reflection on the driver's side window that if the sun is in the right position obliterates the side view mirror. To check the oil is just plain poor design. The access to the dipstick cable really is dismal. You can't even see the port to reinsert the "stick" so you need to have your fingers go directly to the port to guide the "stick" to assure that it goes in and avoids getting any outside grime into the oil. To get oil in the fill port-really poor. If you're on the road without a funnel you'll get a 1/2 qt in for every qt.

** Honda 2009 Pilot **
By lufaca on 11/06/09 07:19 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am pleasantly surprised with the pilot. It is extremely comfortable and fun to drive but my only complaint is the fuel economy. Once you come to terms that the size, comfort do not come free then you can justify paying for the extra mileage. If you ask me if I would buy a pilot after knowing what I know now my answer will be yes. I will buy another one.

Fuel mileage overrated
By GaryM on 11/05/09 13:02 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only driven 4000KMs; like the handling and power of this vehicle but am terribly disappointed with gas mileage. If I had known it was this bad I would not have bought this vehicle. My 8 cylinder pickup was better when towing. It's not bad when driven a long distance on the highway when not towing. Honda has severely overrated the mileage of this vehicle. It is not even close to the numbers they suggest. Towing mileage is brutal, 20.1 lts/hundred over 300kms. They should have installed a bigger tank because you are constantly stopping for fuel. I find this vehicle has a lot of road noise compared to my last vehicle. It's possible it's the type of tires but it should be better.

Front end pulls to the right
By Pulls to the right on 11/01/09 13:12 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle constantly pulls to the right. I have brought it back to the dealer 7 times, they gave it (brand new vehicle) 7 wheel alignments. The service representative from Honda will not admit that it pulls to the right. This is a extremely dangerous situation, I am constantly holding the wheel to the left. I am very disappointed with Honda's service. I have read about the same complaints on several web-sites. By the way the 2009 Honda Pilot drives straight.

I thought I loved my Pilot
By Joe.G on 10/30/09 22:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I was buying one of Honda's best, but found some issues afterward. The pull to the right should be addressed. This will eventually wear out your tires. Honda should fix this. Also, gas mileage is not what it's advertised to be. Its a guzzler. Overall, I should have kept shopping. We'll see. Some plastic pieces are already coming off in the door area on both sides. Vehicle only has 2100 miles on it. Trunk space is a problem with all seats up. Oh well...

Love My Second Pilot
By Jim on 10/27/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I still love my 2004 Pilot but the new one is even better, which I still have a hard time believing as I liked the old one so well and still drive. Have driven over 2,000 miles and as usual with Honda, do not have to take back to the dealer until st oil change. Honda has really improved storage and the rear entertainment system is fantastic for grandchildren.

Just one little annoying thing...
By krjacj on 10/25/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Honda, and so far, it has been a great vehicle for our family of 4. Gas mileage averages 19-20mpg. I immediately liked the exterior boxy styling and more rugged appearance than the old Pilots. Drives well and feels very solid on the road. The only issue we've had is the slope of the rear cargo area when the 3rd row seats are folded down. Some things roll out easily due to the slanted surface. The optional cargo net became a necessity after a gallon of milk rolled out and crashed onto the driveway.

Great except seats
By Dan on 10/23/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Rides beautifully, feels solid. Love the electronics, power liftgate, sound system. Acceleration seems fine for a vehicle of this size. Have not noticed a consistent road noise problem, occasional loud tires on certain pavement types. Only real complaint is seats-too aggressively bolstered in back, near juncture with seat back. Either need less aggressive bolstering there, or perhaps seat should be wider in back. Still experimenting with cushions/alterations of upholstery.

2010 Pilot EX FWD
By dmac2010 on 10/04/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this vehicle to replace our 2004 Ford Explorer. We looked at the Toyota Highlander and Mazda CX-9. Our criteria was 4WD, third row seat, class 3 trailer hitch, good resale value, quality and gas mileage at least in the low 20's. As soon as I sat in the Honda I felt right at home. The controls, storage spaces, seats, everything just felt better. We've driven it on one trip and have put about 1.5K mile on it. The gas mileage is as advertised. No regrets.

Fun but expensive, and truck like
By patmac on 10/02/09 07:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought 2010 Pilot EXL 4x4 found my old 2004 Pilot EXL built better and more miles per gallon. Their 22/18 is way off this time. I drive 90% on eco drive to save gas and get nowhere near mileage advertised. Should give you roof rack bars why an extra? Drive and handles bumps like a truck wish I had my 2004 Pilot, pulls to right thought it was just me but everyone is complaining of this. Cheaper mats and extras but I paid $5,000.00 more than 2004. Inflation i guess? But test drive and shop for best price don't pay sticker and buy no extras. I found cheaper online and mailed to me in 2-3 days saved over 50% from dealers price. Cross bars, bumper guards, floor mats, dual head rest dvd 75% saved.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*