Used 2010 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

WHAT A CAR
By wmarcos

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome you are just like driving a big car like the Chevy Tahoe, ford expedition,Toyota Sequoia and etc. but this only mid size SUV. a 6'2"and 220 lbs lbs. can seat on the third row amazing and the price is worth it. Highly recommendable indeed.

Favorite Features

The entertainment system, the sounds, back up camera,

Suggested Improvements

Should have bluetooth for the EX-L RES plus Navigation too

Pulls to the right #2
By Disappointed

2010 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a former Toyota RAV4 owner and loved that car but at 180,000 miles it was time to get a new car. I was hesitant about leaving Toyota but needed a bigger car and liked the bells and whistles the Pilot offered in contrast to the Highlander. As soon as I drove the Pilot off the lot I noticed it pulled to the right. I took it to a local dealer and they said the alignment was fine but rotated the front tires and said the problem was solved. It wasn't so I took it back to the original dealer and they said the steering wheel was crooked and it was out of alignment. Well at first it was fine but within a couple of months it is pulling to the right again and now the right front tire is cupped

Favorite Features

Love the bells and whistles even the entry level offers, especially the climate controls for rear seating and automatic back windshield wiper.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the pulling to the right problem. Tire wear is now an issue and it will not stay in alignment. Will there be a recall?

2010 EXL-w/RES
By Wolfeman

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving this car. It rides excellent and I am still finding cubby holes for storage. I do not have any issues with the vehicle and love the way it looks too. I went from a 2007 Chevy Avalanche to this. The mileage is excellent compared to my truck. It is way more practical than the Chevy. Plus my Chevy was starting to get the 60k issues all Chevy's get.

Favorite Features

I like the control you get on all the electronics up front. Its like a cockpit. Fitting since the name of the vehicle is Pilot.

Suggested Improvements

Put the wiring harness on the vehicle.

Sorry I bought it
By mk

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My old Pilot (2007) was perfect, it was powerful, had decent brakes and I averaged 18 mpg, this new Pilot is slow to start slow to stop and eats gas like mad! Looking at all the major reviews I now see I'm not the only one who feels this way, my mistake was expecting Honda would only improve the Pilot not ruin it. Now I must live with it for a year, I can't stand seeing that little green light on the dash going out every time I push the gas, the only time it goes on is down hill with a tail wind, it's a joke to make people think this SUV is GREEN, it's anything but seeing my MPG meter show 16.3 MPG avg.

Favorite Features

The front seats are good but not great, the back-up camera is always a help.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the drawing board and try again, my old Pilot was just fine, bring it back please!!!!

Spring break driver
By Ken ON

2010 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was waiting for the new 4Runner before making a decision to buy a new vehicle. I also checked out most competitors including the MB M Class. The Pilot was still the winner by far. A week after taking delivery we left Toronto for Florida for spring break vacation. This is a 2400 KM (1500 Mi) drive one way. The vehicle performed exceptionally well in every aspect. Comfortable for driver and passengers and the NAV and entertainment system were great assets. I have owned a Yukon and Envoy which do not come close to this Honda Pilot in any way. I previously purchased GM but my wife has had several Honda Accords which helped sell me as they have been outstanding.

Favorite Features

Hwy cruiser, handles well for its size, NAV, entertainment system, comfortable seats, well designed interior space.

Suggested Improvements

In Canada we already pay the equivalent of US $4 per gallon so any fuel economy improvement is welcome.