2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews 10

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love It!
By Raleigh, NC on 12/03/09 11:30 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot has a great ride, smooth acceleration, and great styling inside and out. I like it better than the previous styling due to the more chiseled look that makes it feel more like a real SUV than a mini van. The sound system is great. They have tons of storage space in compartments everywhere throughout the vehicle. The ECO feature is really neat. The gas mileage is not overly impressive by the numbers, but for such a large SUV, it is pretty darn good compared to many of it's competitors. Honda did a great job with this one!

Beats the Jeep!
By Gregg on 11/29/09 18:00 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Pilot for about month and so far I'm satisfied with my purchase. On the plus side, smart instrumentation, room for eight, smooth cruising vehicle and good looking. On the down side, acceleration a bit sluggish, engine a tad noisy around town, the "information center" isn't the most intuitive. (can't display odometer and outside temperature simultaneously). I drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee for 10 years, but it's no "Honda". The gas mileage on the Pilot is comparable and the quality build of the Honda far exceeds that of the Jeep.

2010 Honda Pilot LX AWD
By kj on 11/26/09 18:06 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pathetic front row driver and passenger seats, slow ride, does not feel peppy, not enough acceleration. Should have bought the CX-9 or highlander. Totally Unhappy with truck/SUV.

2010 Pilot EX 4WD
By dblshock on 11/25/09 18:26 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a large comfortable vehicle that rolls like a vault at highway speed yet is nimble in town, a joy to drive with people, amazing, very large items will fit inside with 2ond & 3rd tier seats down..as my work platform taking calls the large cockpit functions well with many storage spaces and flat areas to take notes..drive- train and suspension are Honda benchmark quality and I'm really hooked on the appearance now..did the 60/2.9% finance and TMV pricing..difficult to beat over time.

2010 Pilot Touring
By Gary0554 on 11/25/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2010 Pilot after my first month has been impressive. Fuel economy has been average but the rugged design and handling make up for it. Steering is very good and the seats are very comfortable. The large number of options on the touring take time to learn but once you learn they are great. The navigation system is outstanding, along with the backup system. The automatic climate control system is very good.

My Honda experience
By Sunny on 11/20/09 08:59 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Avg gas mileage is 18.9 based on mix city/Hwy drive. You'll definitely feel the veh jerk when it changes gear and sometime when it switch off part of the engine. The biggest problem I have on my Honda is, the veh pulls to the right. It has visited Honda service dept 3 times (within 6 weeks) for the same problem and to the extend of recalibrating the subframe base on recommendation from Honda America. As of now, my Honda will pull to the right lane within 5 to 8 sec @ 40 mi/hr driving (testing the alignment by letting both hands off the steering wheel). Still working with Honda but was told it's my luck if the veh is "calibrated" to spec. Fun to drive, reliability stinks for a brand new car.

The best SUV out there!
By chockm on 11/19/09 20:04 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is a solid car with quite interior and all amenities that you would find in most cars in its class. It drives very nicely. I tested every SUV in the class and the Pilot was the best. Meets all of our needs. I like the boxy look because it stands out with all of the curvy homogeneous looking SUVs and crossovers. About the fuel economy. This vehicle weighs 4500 lbs, carries 8 people + baggage. On a per person basis, the fuel economy is very good. When it comes to total value = handling, space, power, features, total cost of ownership this SUV is unbeatable.

Best SUV for the Money!
By Flipsyde39 on 11/16/09 14:20 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were trying to decide between the 2010 Pilot Touring and the Buick Enclave EXL. The Enclave is nicer to look at than the Pilot but a bit too expensive (EXL w/o Nav or DVD $39k). The Pilot Touring model with Nav, DVD, Bluetooth, and HFL cost us $36k so we went with the more cost effective option. We are very glad we made this decision because it rides beautifully and the 3 kids absolutely love the new toy! It gets about the same gas mileage as our old 2000 Odyssey so we're not too concerned. I'll be adding the after- market chrome running boards and chrome mesh grill next week to make it prettier. If you're gonna buy a Pilot, the Touring model is the way to go!

Not a great Car for the Price
By romsaldan on 11/14/09 20:32 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car comes with a donut tire, disappointed not told about it by sales people. I had to put a full size tire and it was difficult to find a rim that fits the wire that holds. For the price it should some with a full size tire. Quality of Goodyear tire on my vehicle is very poor. Fuel efficiency is not great. Ride is not smooth.

Enjoying so far
By roadtest on 11/14/09 12:44 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle for my wife. So far she loves it very much. We don't see the problem of pulling to right. Although I can feel this is a solidly built vehicle, some cheap interior parts do ruffle on bumpy road. The road noise is pronounced. For short person (my wife is 5'3''), the blind spot is big.