Used 2010 Honda Pilot EX-L SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Good SUV but pulls to the right
By Michael

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a good car. Had a previous Nissan Armada and got tired of driving a "School bus". Overall fit and finish is great. Main problem is that the car is pulling to the right. Had to bring the car in 4 times and finally after driving with the tech, they agree that it does indeed pull to the right. (why it took them 4 times to acknowledge this is beyond me) It pulled to the right from day one. Make sure you test drive your car before you buy it. There is a service bulletin out (which the dealer had no idea about and did not divulge this, I had to research this) and check your VIN number. In fact just don't buy this car if it is listed within the service bulletins VIN #.

Favorite Features

Overall great car. Good construction.

Suggested Improvements

Rear deck declines towards the rear. Dash has too many buttons. Car is way underpowered and could get better gas mileage. Cylinder management is silly because other comparable vehicles get better gas mileage and have more pep.

A little bit disappointed
By Ivan

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second review. I have this pilot for 5months now. It is fun to drive and performs well except of the following. 1. Moonroof occasionally has problems. i already received letter from Honda that they will update it. 2. Paint on the bumper starts to peel. I was disappointed because i am not expecting that i will have paint problems in just 5 months. dealer said that they will fix it. 3. Seat belt at the 2nd or 3rd row rattles. this is somewhat annoying. I suggest that if you want to buy a pilot check the paint quality on the bumper and door edges of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

leather steering wheel, back up camera, heated seats, 6 disc changer

Suggested Improvements

change the front grille,19" wheel option, ventilated seats. push start button(like that of the highlander)

Trying not to regret
By Toonman

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for the spaciousness and 3rd row. I never owned a Honda and heard about Honda's reliability and quality. Since I bought this, I had 2 issues. First is the moonroof will not close. It goes back halfway and kicks back. Sent to dealer twice and they reprogram the system. Still the same issue. A week ago, I received a recall letter asking me to bring back my Pilot for a moonroof software update. Second issue is the car keeps pulling to the right. I have seen some reviews about this. Brought it to the dealer twice and they said nothing wrong. Obviously this is not the first car I have driven and I know when a car is pulling to its right. I am hoping for another recall...

Favorite Features

Spaciousness, 3 zone A/C, ECO feature..

Suggested Improvements

Mileage - I am a city driver and it only average at 16 mpg. Quality could improve - like the moonroof problem and pulling to the right.

un to drive
By ivan

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2009 highlander to a 2010 pilot EXL. The Highlander has better exterior and softer ride but overall I like the pilot better. It has bigger and better interior. It is fun to drive and better handling. It has enough power and fuel economy is not that bad. I get the same fuel economy with my 4 cylinder Highlander. I have test driven BMW x3, MB glk350, and Nissan Armada. I finally chose the pilot for overall performance

Favorite Features

moonroof, heated leather seats, leather steering wheel, back up camera

Suggested Improvements

change the front grill, seat belt rattles,

Steering issues
By mgb

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After steering issues with a CR-V I previously owned, I had some concerns about buying a Pilot but after some test drives and conversations with my dealer, my concerns were alleviated. Big mistake on my part. It just took one experience of accelerating while going up a fairly steep highway hill and trying to change lanes to the right to convince me that my Pilot is dangerous. It 'floated' back toward the original lane I was in on its own accord. Since then I've noticed that quite often when I accelerate going up a hill, especially coming out of a right turn, it doesn't stick to the road. Hopefully I'll be rid of it before I have to depend on it in an emergency situation.

Favorite Features

Great stereo, comfortable seats, nice leather, roomy, easy to fold down seats, great visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the steering issues or get rid of front wheel drive.