2010 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Repeat Buyer
By Ryan on 04/06/10 04:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For those folks who think this vehicle "floats" away while trying to steer, or pulling to the side , my advise is don't drink and drive. Honda I believe uses a technology called power on demand responsive steering. So get used to it. My old pilot has 125,000 miles and I just got another one last week. After 125,000 miles my old car still runs just as good as the brand spanking new one. So that should tell you about the quality.

long term prospect
By WAIT AND SEE on 02/23/10 12:10 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i bought pilot over highlander only because of my concern over the untested toyota's syncro transmission. Pilot has some troubling flaws. lots of highway wind noise, grinding/pulsating in anti lock brakes at right front upon turning (dealer says normal), gas makes loud sloshing sound when tank full (is that why the tank was not full at test ride), upgraded radio has volume limited and mine pulled to the right off the lot which dealer blamed on curvature of the road. But have owned hondas in the past, and looking to own this car long term. time will tell if i made a good investment.

Should learn from CRV
By H Huang on 12/16/09 00:38 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase the EX because I don't like the leather in the EX-L trim. It is a big disappointment that the Pilot EX doesn't come with a moon roof like the CRV EX does. Pilot is much bigger than the CRV, yet its features doesn't match up the CRV. The style is fine to me, although I do wish its front nose a little bit lower, so it won't look so boxy, and it may help the fuel economy too. The acceleration and the fuel mileage when starting is terrible. The car is just unnecessarily too heavy and the 250 horse power is a shame for Honda, considering a much smaller ACCORD, or Pilot's other rivals such as Highlander. You can feel the road when driving. However, it is smooth and pleasant.

IT GOT MY ATTENTION
By Emspirit on 12/04/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you haven't been inside the new Pilot, then I suggest you give it a try. This thing is in a different ballpark than the pre 2009 designed Pilot. Here's the thing with the Pilot. We looked at a ton of crossovers, we have 3 smallish kids and when you're looking for room, utility, comfort, a truck feel with a car-like drive, this is it. Take the Mazda CX-9 for example. We climbed all over it but, in the end it was a car pretending to be a utility vehicle. Same with the Ford Flex. The Pilot feels like a truck but drives like a car. When we sat in the Pilot it felt huge. We traded in our Honda Odyssey and feel at home in the Pilot. I'm thrilled with it so far.

** Honda 2009 Pilot **
By lufaca on 11/06/09 07:19 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am pleasantly surprised with the pilot. It is extremely comfortable and fun to drive but my only complaint is the fuel economy. Once you come to terms that the size, comfort do not come free then you can justify paying for the extra mileage. If you ask me if I would buy a pilot after knowing what I know now my answer will be yes. I will buy another one.

I thought I loved my Pilot
By Joe.G on 10/30/09 22:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I was buying one of Honda's best, but found some issues afterward. The pull to the right should be addressed. This will eventually wear out your tires. Honda should fix this. Also, gas mileage is not what it's advertised to be. Its a guzzler. Overall, I should have kept shopping. We'll see. Some plastic pieces are already coming off in the door area on both sides. Vehicle only has 2100 miles on it. Trunk space is a problem with all seats up. Oh well...

Needs some changes
By Arun on 08/24/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2010 Pilot is an excellent choice for large sized SUV. It provides great comfort and rideability, and has ample room for 8 people. The interior design is excellent except for usage of cheap looking plastic on the dashboard. One thing I missed from my CRV was the conversation mirror, which was great for checking on your kids, without turning your head. Performance wise, the Pilot is no slouch, but its probably the first guzzler from Honda. All over the internet people are complaining of poor mileage. I am hard pressed to get their EPA 17 mpg in city. Braking distance is another valid complaint, it takes more distance to stop when braking at 60mph and above.

Fun to drive
By Ceas on 08/17/09 14:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this Honda Pilot EX 2010. The interior is perfect, exterior is a little boxy but is ok. The only issue is its pulling to the right. I brought it back to the dealer to fix it. I waited around 1 1/2 hrs. to fix it and then they said they adjusted it, but its still pulling to the right. The service crew said its normal because of the road curves or condition which is unacceptable reason for me because I've been driving for more than 20years handling different kinds of vehicle. Maybe I will just wait until they recall this problem.

Another winner from Honda
By HondaBTR on 08/02/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Pilot as my family was outgrowing the 08 CRV I had. My final choice was between the PIlot and the Toyota Highlander. The Pilot won because of the useful third row seat, more standard features on the trim I was loking at and my general bias towards Honda. The car has been a revelation. It has a comfortable ride and at the same time has enough power under the hood to accelerate nicely on highways. Absolutely love the spacious interiors, the 6 cd changer and seven speakers. Only complaint I have is the horrible mileage. I emptied my first full tank and according to the trip meter, the mileage was a horrible 15mpg, which is low even for city driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*