2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Good SUV but pulls to the right
By Michael on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a good car. Had a previous Nissan Armada and got tired of driving a "School bus". Overall fit and finish is great. Main problem is that the car is pulling to the right. Had to bring the car in 4 times and finally after driving with the tech, they agree that it does indeed pull to the right. (why it took them 4 times to acknowledge this is beyond me) It pulled to the right from day one. Make sure you test drive your car before you buy it. There is a service bulletin out (which the dealer had no idea about and did not divulge this, I had to research this) and check your VIN number. In fact just don't buy this car if it is listed within the service bulletins VIN #.

A little bit disappointed
By Ivan on 08/20/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second review. I have this pilot for 5months now. It is fun to drive and performs well except of the following. 1. Moonroof occasionally has problems. i already received letter from Honda that they will update it. 2. Paint on the bumper starts to peel. I was disappointed because i am not expecting that i will have paint problems in just 5 months. dealer said that they will fix it. 3. Seat belt at the 2nd or 3rd row rattles. this is somewhat annoying. I suggest that if you want to buy a pilot check the paint quality on the bumper and door edges of the vehicle.

Trying not to regret
By Toonman on 08/16/10 18:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for the spaciousness and 3rd row. I never owned a Honda and heard about Honda's reliability and quality. Since I bought this, I had 2 issues. First is the moonroof will not close. It goes back halfway and kicks back. Sent to dealer twice and they reprogram the system. Still the same issue. A week ago, I received a recall letter asking me to bring back my Pilot for a moonroof software update. Second issue is the car keeps pulling to the right. I have seen some reviews about this. Brought it to the dealer twice and they said nothing wrong. Obviously this is not the first car I have driven and I know when a car is pulling to its right. I am hoping for another recall...

un to drive
By ivan on 04/25/10 21:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2009 highlander to a 2010 pilot EXL. The Highlander has better exterior and softer ride but overall I like the pilot better. It has bigger and better interior. It is fun to drive and better handling. It has enough power and fuel economy is not that bad. I get the same fuel economy with my 4 cylinder Highlander. I have test driven BMW x3, MB glk350, and Nissan Armada. I finally chose the pilot for overall performance

Steering issues
By mgb on 03/11/10 17:17 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After steering issues with a CR-V I previously owned, I had some concerns about buying a Pilot but after some test drives and conversations with my dealer, my concerns were alleviated. Big mistake on my part. It just took one experience of accelerating while going up a fairly steep highway hill and trying to change lanes to the right to convince me that my Pilot is dangerous. It 'floated' back toward the original lane I was in on its own accord. Since then I've noticed that quite often when I accelerate going up a hill, especially coming out of a right turn, it doesn't stick to the road. Hopefully I'll be rid of it before I have to depend on it in an emergency situation.

Love it!
By Bob on 03/06/10 10:11 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Mileage is a little weak but overall car is great, comfort, handles well, drives nice. I love mine!

Drive one, You'll buy one.
By Clemson Fan on 02/27/10 17:47 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just the right size. Bigger than our old 2000 Explorer. Rides MUCH smoother and 10 times quieter and more refined. Steers perfectly straight, has very steady wheel, so don't be put off by all that pulls right talk! 24 mpg on hwy, 18 in city, 20.5 mixed. Not bad for 4000lb SUV - it is a Honda, but not a Civic or Accord, so be realistic. Super quiet, comfortable, handles great, good power. This SUV deserves a very close look if you are in the market.

BEST SUV SO FAR
By bob on 01/06/10 09:36 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought of purchasing an SUV, I was looking at sedans last year but then I never have enough room when I drive home for vacations. I looked at the pathfinder, highlander, 4runner and the aspen. Then while driving home I was passed by a fast moving pilot, I went for a test drive on all SUV's mentioned above but the pilot was the cream of the crop. It had everything I wanted and more for the price; the room and comfort sold me. I wish the gas mileage was better since it has a engine management system but I already knew what I was getting into since it is an SUV.

Great Vehicle!
By txmommy on 01/02/10 07:34 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previous to this I had a 2000 Honda Accord, after two kids we needed more space. This Pilot definitely has more space and can comfortably fit three across (with a car seat in the middle). It has a smooth drive and the gas mileage is as advertised, though I do not have a lead foot and drive conservatively. The interior is very roomy, I was surprised it was so big. The leather does seem a bit cheap since it seems like it discolors easily and attracts the blue color off of jeans, I have the light grey leather. Overall I am very pleased with my new Pilot. It gets great mileage, has lots of room, is very safe and easy to drive and maneuver and I enjoy it immensely!

New EX-L
By John on 12/28/09 04:55 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took a 600 mile road trip over Christmas. The pilot did great, we have one 15 month old and another on the way. The vehicle is roomy and very comfortable to drive. Love all the cubbies to store stuff in. The suspension is amazing and the highway ride is great as well. I did not notice any lack of power and got 21mpg as it is not broken in yet. Go drive one for yourself, I drove a lot of vehicles but none of them stacked up safety and feature wise to the Pilot.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$136 per month*