Used 2010 Honda Pilot EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Repeat Buyer
By Ryan

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For those folks who think this vehicle "floats" away while trying to steer, or pulling to the side , my advise is don't drink and drive. Honda I believe uses a technology called power on demand responsive steering. So get used to it. My old pilot has 125,000 miles and I just got another one last week. After 125,000 miles my old car still runs just as good as the brand spanking new one. So that should tell you about the quality.

Favorite Features

Variable Cylinder Management, music system, storage spaces, crash ratings, and the idea of using regular gas

Suggested Improvements

Rear of the Pilot can do with some major aesthetic improvements. Maybe redesign to resemble the MDX

long term prospect
By WAIT AND SEE

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i bought pilot over highlander only because of my concern over the untested toyota's syncro transmission. Pilot has some troubling flaws. lots of highway wind noise, grinding/pulsating in anti lock brakes at right front upon turning (dealer says normal), gas makes loud sloshing sound when tank full (is that why the tank was not full at test ride), upgraded radio has volume limited and mine pulled to the right off the lot which dealer blamed on curvature of the road. But have owned hondas in the past, and looking to own this car long term. time will tell if i made a good investment.

Favorite Features

my first six cylinder. nice room for a big man and his gear plus friends and family.

Suggested Improvements

better fit and finish in interior. still need a design tweak to match highlanders style. example, my bland white paint no match for the eye popping reflective shade toyota uses. could you add a inside release for the rear hatch not just the top glass?

Should learn from CRV
By H Huang

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase the EX because I don't like the leather in the EX-L trim. It is a big disappointment that the Pilot EX doesn't come with a moon roof like the CRV EX does. Pilot is much bigger than the CRV, yet its features doesn't match up the CRV. The style is fine to me, although I do wish its front nose a little bit lower, so it won't look so boxy, and it may help the fuel economy too. The acceleration and the fuel mileage when starting is terrible. The car is just unnecessarily too heavy and the 250 horse power is a shame for Honda, considering a much smaller ACCORD, or Pilot's other rivals such as Highlander. You can feel the road when driving. However, it is smooth and pleasant.

Favorite Features

Although the fuel efficiency is terrible when starting, I am happily surprised to find it achieves in average 30.2 miles per gallon in highway driving for 15 miles.

Suggested Improvements

1. Need to give the front passenger more leg room. 2. the floor should be flat when the second and the third rows are push down. 3. Moon Roof and side-steps should be standard on all trims. 4. Should give the passenger at second row an easy way to change their seats to the third row.

IT GOT MY ATTENTION
By Emspirit

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you haven't been inside the new Pilot, then I suggest you give it a try. This thing is in a different ballpark than the pre 2009 designed Pilot. Here's the thing with the Pilot. We looked at a ton of crossovers, we have 3 smallish kids and when you're looking for room, utility, comfort, a truck feel with a car-like drive, this is it. Take the Mazda CX-9 for example. We climbed all over it but, in the end it was a car pretending to be a utility vehicle. Same with the Ford Flex. The Pilot feels like a truck but drives like a car. When we sat in the Pilot it felt huge. We traded in our Honda Odyssey and feel at home in the Pilot. I'm thrilled with it so far.

Favorite Features

Drives tall yet smooth. You feel like you're in a Ford F150. But when you look at it from the outside, it seems smaller than the interior feels.

Suggested Improvements

On the EX, I'm not a big fan of the cloth material on the doors. It seems like it will get dirty more easily than plastic or synthetic leather.

** Honda 2009 Pilot **
By lufaca

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am pleasantly surprised with the pilot. It is extremely comfortable and fun to drive but my only complaint is the fuel economy. Once you come to terms that the size, comfort do not come free then you can justify paying for the extra mileage. If you ask me if I would buy a pilot after knowing what I know now my answer will be yes. I will buy another one.

Favorite Features

Comfort.