2010 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Don't buy this SUV
By carmom11 on 04/24/14 12:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to be left on the side of the road waiting for a tow, purchase this SUV. The first time the engine misfired and broke down the truck was 3 months old. We thought nothing of it, but the 2nd time it was 3 years old so we investigated and found out about the class actions suite. (Google Honda Pilot class action suite misfire) Nothing like being on a road trip to the north for Christmas fully packed with a baby and a small child and breaking down in rural PA. After the truck was repaired and Christmas was over I drove it straight to a Ford dealer and traded it for new Explorer. I will never purchase another Honda.

Bought a 2010 brand new and still love it...
By twiswall on 12/06/13 08:18 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We drove every midsize SUV there was available and it came down to the Toyota Highlander and the Honda Pilot. The Toyota drove better, more like a car, but it only seated 7 people. The Honda was closer to real 4WD (still not real but close) and seated 8...a real 8 full sized adults. Some that seated 7 really only seated 5 adults and 2 kids in the 3rd row. In the end we needed the full 8 seats and while the interior does not have much style to it, it is functional. I wish I would have waited another year as Bluetooth became a standard interior feature that was only available on the Touring in 2010. Other than that this is a great midsize SUV to own.

Very good vehicle
By cultured_hick on 06/30/13 12:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought new in 12/2009, so have had for 3.5 years and only have 30k miles on, so mostly city driving. Never been in the shop except for oil and tires. Tires are 60k Michelins that wore out at 28k, but Michelin prorated replacement. It is a well thought out car when compared to competitors and much better value than the competitors. Engine is adequate, but certainly not a V8. Mileage is a little below represented, but likely 10% Ethanol in Gas is largely to blame. Thanks government. Get 21 Hwy and 16 City. Very stable on Hwy and great in snow. Third row is great and large carrying capacity when both rows down. Would definitely purchase again.

Love my Honda Pilot!
By sastx on 06/03/13 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Honda Pilot in May 2012, and absolutely love it! It's super roomy and there is so much space in the back (3rd row seats down) that we went on a road trip with 2 little kids and still had plenty of room to put more luggage in the back. I take it out to construction jobsites and love how it drives like a truck through rough terrain, but yet it feels smooth and sturdy when I'm on the freeway. This is an SUV we are going to keep until the wheels fall off. If you have little kids, you might want to buy seat covers if you have the cloth seats, as they do tend to stain easily.

The Honda Pilot is boring
By connor111 on 03/31/13 16:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a reliable and useful SUV, but for the amount of money this car is, it should be a lot nicer. The interior is very boring with absolutely no trace of any luxury. Also, our navigation system is completely messed up and takes us on the most bizarre, out of the way routes.

There are better options out there
By oc_kdawg on 02/20/12 15:32 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It handles like a truck and not an SUV on a uni-body chassis as claimed. It is under powered and not very responsive. I travel for work and have had other SUV's that put Pilot to shame in terms of performance. DVD navigation is already outdated, don't pay for it, use your phone and have better technology. Voice recognition is horrible. No other way to add/delete/pair phones. I rented a Toyota and it took less than 15 seconds to learn how and pair a phone. Plus it played music through BT. Sound system in this "loaded" Pilot sounds horrible. Honda will not be on our short list when it's time to replace. They've lost touch with what's important to consumers, hence Civic redesign.

Regret buying it...
By koylee00 on 05/11/11 09:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 Pilot on 3/2010. The first problem I had was the TPMS light was on the entire time. The sales person said to drive it and it was go off and if it is still on come back and we'll fix it. So we drove it for one day and took it back the following week. They looked into and said its the sensor. So they replaced it and then we picked it up again and it came back on. It was so fustrating. So then we took it back again and they keep my car for 2 weeks. This time it wasn't the sensor. It was the wire that was installed incorrectly. My boyfriend took a picture and showed me. They had to take the whole dash board off to rewire everything.

I would buy it again!!
By notijeka on 01/01/11 14:58 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in our 08 Accord in Nov. 09 for our 10 Pilot LX. First thing we did was go to ebay & bought (4) Touring wheels (Brand new). Then we bought the running light kit from a Honda dealer in Ohio. I then bought a custom grill kit from CarID in Ca. and two chrome pipe extensions. We also bought the faux chrome strips that go in the door guards. After taking off that goofy looking grill, installing the awesome billet grill (2 pc. upper & lower) installing the running lights and exhaust extensions and door chrome this LX is awesome. The good part.... I saved $4500 by doing it myself. Absolutely love the big roomy SUV.... have driven it to Florida and back and to Ohio and back. # 1 car

I Love my Pilot!
By Brenda on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Pilot in November of 09 so it is one year old now. I have not experienced any of the problems that others have mentioned i.e. chipping paint, pulling to the right and moonroof problems. I am really happy with the way the car drives. The mileage could be better but, the mileage is what the sticker said it would be. I don't understand why so many reviewers say they are so surprised with the mileage they get? The navigation system is wonderful and I really love having the back up camera and noise sensors. There is only one thing I don't like. It has two empty places on the driver's left hand side of the dash. What are they there for? It makes it look like something is missing

Don't buy the honda entertainment package
By Jerry on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I truly enjoy my Honda Pilot. I would buy it again, however I would make one change. I would not buy the DVD package. you cannot hear the move playing in the back unless you use the headphones, kids/teenagers do not want to use headphones...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$135 per month*