2009 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Reliability of Honda now in qu

2009 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

2009 Honda Pilot

Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Nav and Rear Entertainment)

Reliability of Honda now in question
By jimbob on

2009 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this Pilot since Sep of '09 and initially enjoyed the vehicle with the exception of the hands-free phone operation. I did experience a reliability/quality problem with this SUV when my independent mechanic noticed some leak in the "lower control arm bushings" so he recommended that I take it to a dealer to see if it would be covered. Since I had exceeded the 36k warranty, Honda said it would cost me $1100 to repair this problem and they would not cover any of the costs. It was obvious to me that this was not a simple "wear and tear" type of problem and more likely a defect that did not show itself in the first 36k miles. In any case, Honda was not willing to do anything.

I like the GPS/Navigation display and the fact that I could enter addresses even when the vehicle was moving (unlike my Toyota/Lexus vehicles). The variable cylinder feature seemed like it saved gas mileage by a couple miles per gallon.

Make it easier to use the hands free bluetooth by allowing both sending and receiving calls automatically (w/o having to transfer manually) on the speaker phone when the phone is connected to the bluetooth of the vehicle.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By hillbilly4
on 02/04/13 16:01 PM (PST)

i had the same lower control arm issue, also in my 09'. right now i am ignoring the problem. i have only done light 4wdriving, in the snow, seems odd to have this problem.

By hillbilly4
on 03/21/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

i finally had my lower control arm thing fixed. i realized / remembered my auto insurance has mechanical breakdown insurance on my policy, i used it to cover the fix. i did have to pay a small deduct.