2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love my 2009 Pilot
By ginnie on 05/17/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We seriously considered several vehicles for 1-1/2 years before we made our purchase - the Highlander, Forerunner, Acadia, Enclave and the Outlook. Our main concern was a safe and comfortable vehicle to travel long distances and that got reasonable gas mileage for an SUV. The touring model ended up being our pick due to the Michelin tires. The sales people we encountered at all of the dealerships were not knowledgeable about the fact that there is a difference in the tires on the Touring and the EX and LX models. The Michelin tire on the Touring gave us a much quieter ride.

Pulls to the right!!!!
By Troy on 05/16/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Pilot also pulls heavily to the right!!! This is very disappointing since it otherwise would be a great car.

Excellent Choice
By G-Man on 05/12/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I strongly considered buying a GM product. Test drove the Pilot & I was sold. The deals Honda was offering were much better than GM. I have owned Hondas in the past and have been extremely satisfied with the reliability. The ride & acceleration are smooth. The seats are comfortable- front is roomy. Plenty of features- Honda put a lot of thought in this vehicle-mirror for viewing the backseats, MP3 jack, console with lots of room. Plenty of storage in the doors. Gas mileage is acceptable-could be better. I have zero complaints. One small drawback is the small cargo space if you are with more than 6 people in the car. However, we were able to take 7 people to the beach with room for our beach gear.

Pull to the right?????
By Ben on 05/06/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had the car for three weeks and took it to back to the dealer because it was pulling heavily to the right. After I left it felt like nothing had been fixed and next time I had to ask my wife to take it back. The service people told her that there is nothing wrong with the car since Honda vehicles pull after a few seconds. This sounds like a big fat lie to me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Wife's first Honda
By jimh on 05/04/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Honda in August 2008 and have put on nearly 10000 miles since owning it. We've not had any problems. We average nearly 24 miles on the highway and 18 in the city. The ride is comfortable, even in the second and third row seating. I am 6 foot and sat in both the second and third row. My wife loves the drive and the feel of the vehicle. All of the controls are in good placement for visual and ease of reach. The kids love the I-Pod hook up. My wife feels very safe in the vehicle, much better than the last SUV we owned. All around, very happy with the car. I do wish it came with the wiring harness for the towing, I had to purchase the connector/wiring harness from Honda.

Great SUV!!!
By Suzz1234 on 05/03/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am thrilled with my Pilot. I traded in my BMW X3 and I don't regret the decision for a second. I enjoyed the BMW driving experience but for twenty thousand dollars less, I have a roomy, comfortable, nice to drive SUV. Everyone in the family is able to ride in comfort. This is my second Honda (1987 CRX) and I expect this one to be as reliable as the first.

Best vehicle ever owned
By very happy guy on 04/28/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Every time I drive my pilot I enjoy the experience. The pilot is not the most powerful or the fastest stopping or the smoothest riding midsize but when you add everything up it is very capable and a beautiful vehicle. hwy mileage up to 26mpg- city 16mpg--it all depends on driving habits and conditions. I love the way it looks-- love the grille-love the way it drives. Some of the reviewers are not that impressed with the pilot but it is a vehicle that I love to see in my driveway. Most people pay more for a crv than I did for my pilot. Honda has hit a home run with the pilot. Absolutely trouble free- and hopefully it will stay that way!!!

Not too proud of honda
By nunchuck on 04/26/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After purchasing a 2009 Honda ex-l pilot I realize that the pre-wiring connection was a dummy connection. I am not able to connect a trailer wiring harness unless I purchase the expensive kit from Honda. The kit cost more than if I had bought the tow hitch separate and had it wired. I also found out splicing into the wiring voids the warranty. Then I learned that remote start is a problem. Turning the car off after remote start just to enter the car is the dumbest idea I ever heard. It is my understanding both of these feature was pre-figure to get you to come back to Honda. I just wonder what else have Honda done to steer you back to them. My first Honda and my last. Bad mistake of Honda.

Great Vehicle
By eric1949 on 04/25/09 05:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot has a smooth and quiet ride which was a bit of a surprise. Handling and braking are great. Although you won't win any drag races with the Pilot, the acceleration is more than adequate.

Satisfied!
By JE Reid on 04/24/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first SUV and I am so impressed with the way my Pilot drives. I am having fun and love it. All my family are proud and happy for me and my friends are complimentary. Was not sure I would like SUV but am very satisfied.