2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Happy Pilot Owner
By amypf on 06/24/09 08:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Pilot for about a month now and I love it more every time I put it in drive. It is really smooth and comfortable. I love the the ipod control through the radio, bluetooth capability and great turning radius. For me it is the perfect size. I often drive with 7 passengers (+13 year olds) and it holds them perfectly. I had read previous reviews complaining about the glove box, now I understand - even the manual doesn't fit in it. It's only good for McDonalds napkins.

Very disappointed
By Danny on 06/23/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this brand new 2009 Honda Pilot EX-4WD about a month ago. So far, my experience with this new Honda Pilot became kind of a nightmare. I found this car was built by cheap workmanship made in Canada (or USA whatever). The interior parts are not aligned precisely and some are falling apart after 7 days of purchase. I had to take back my car to the dealer twice to have them fix my dash board assembly, and there's still about 1/8" of gaps between the parts. Also, the front passenger seat developing strange noise if someone sits on it. This car ALSO started to developing engine noise. When I step on gas pedal, there's some kind of metal-clicking noise comes from the engine. Too many to list.

First week and we love our Pilot!
By Jim on 06/14/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brought home our Pilot fully loaded about a week ago after a smoking deal; almost $8K off sticker with Edmunds.com help. I narrowed down my choices to the Pilot vs the Acadia. The Pilot came fully loaded and almost $6k cheaper than the Acadia. The Pilot has good pick up, lots of space, and a nice exterior. The middle row has plenty of room for my kids and the split 3rd row can stay down for storage or up for additional passengers. Pilot comes standard with 8 passenger seating. The rear DVD system comes with 2 wireless headphones. Touring edition comes with lots of standard features We love our Pilot and are sure to enjoy it for many years. Our other car is an Odyssey.

Couldn't be happier!!!!!
By Rob Lo on 06/09/09 01:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We considered the Highlander and Murano, but after we drove the Pilot is was over! This vehicle just oozes quality. The minute I sat in the Honda you could see how much better and thought out the interior was compared to the competition. Also the dealership was far above Nissan and Toyota when it came to friendly and professional service. We bought the Black cherry w/ Black leather and the vehicle is just beautiful!!! It does pull to the right slightly so I'll be taking it back to get fixed. No big deal.

New but loving it.
By MK on 06/06/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took receipt of the vehicle and took it on a 3000 mile vacation drive. Although new it drove great and averaged between 22.8 and 24.4 mpg for the trip. No problems at all. Very comfortable.

So far So Good
By Chris on 06/03/09 18:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased in January 2009. I like almost everything but a little disappointed in the gas mileage. The inside nice and roomy, I love the leather seats. I added a woodgrain dash which gave it a very rich look. I also installed after market remote starter, alarm and keypad entry. I am quite satisfied after 7000 miles, but definitely needs better mileage. I live in the city of Boston so 90% of driving is city miles. Probably getting 13-14 mph city. The pickup could be a little better, but its adequate. I have a heavy foot. Overall I am happy.

Better SUV in the market
By Hoka-ORL on 06/03/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This new Pilot not only looks great but it performs great too! We test drove other SUVs but the Pilot not only captured us with its looks but now that we have own the car for a month, we can say the performance is excellent too. Fuel economy for having the shut-off piston system is a bit disappointing but nevertheless, it is on par with the competition. We purchased the Touring w/nav and we couldn't be happier. Some say the road noise is a problem, but we did not find it to be that bad. I also read that the engine does not provide as much power but I actually think it has adequate power (unless you intend to pull a boat or something like that). Overall very satisfied and highly recommend it.

Excellent Choice
By JV on 06/01/09 05:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We chose the Pilot over the Buick Enclave and traded in our Buick Ranier (which we had thoroughly enjoyed for almost 5 years). The Pilot has more than exceeded our expectations and, at this point, is the most enjoyable vehicle we have ever owned. Increased gas mileage over the Ranier is also a plus. The Pilot has the best-designed and most usable, roomy interior we have ever seen. Combine that with a striking exterior and fun-to-drive performance, then wrap it up in Honda dependability and you have a package that is hard to beat. Did I mention that the Pilot was $6000 less than the Enclave? We also own a Honda Ridgeline and love both of our Hondas!

Value for the money
By gp on 05/30/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

Solid performance. Strong build. Excellent fuel economy (got 23 mile on long trip and inner city around 19).

Good but far from perfect
By jack on 05/19/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very solid performance, smooth riding, good brake, good acceleration. However, I found the building quality is not so good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*