Used 2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Best vehicle that I've ever owned
By Mark

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for over a year, and it has been great! It's averaged 20.5 mpg. It has a smooth ride. It tows like a champ, and handles off-road very well.

Very roomy interior, comfortable seating, Fits two car seats and a booster side-by-side.

I don't love the exterior boxy look, but I'll take the Honda reliability and technology over a better looking crossover.

Realistic View
By PilotAfterPilot

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First let me say that all reviews depend on what the reviewer wants from a car. I needed a car that would be safe for my family, functional, and a good value. The Honda Pilot delivers on all accounts. One of the best features for us is the interior room. With the width of the 2nd row seat you can easily fit a normal sized adult in the middle seat between 2 car seats, good luck doing that in a Highlander! First hand experience says the car is very safe as well. Last month another Pilot lost control and hit us head on. Both cars totaled, no injuries, and I had my kids and parents in the car! I'm getting my 2010 Pilot tomorrow. The car also drives well, and did great in the snow!

Interior Room, Safety, Towing Capacity, Interior Storage Compartments

The passenger climate control should be a slave to the driver side until it's manually changed. Having to change both all the time is a pain...

pleased
By pleased

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked @ Saturn Outlook, NIssan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia,and Buick Enclave. I was pleased with all of them but I wanted a vehicle that had great resale value, safe,good gas mileage and is known for longevity. I did research between all of them compared features I wanted and did not. Everytime I thought I wanted another brand I was back @ the Pilot. It is very comfortable and It fitted me well. I took my Pilot to the mountains and was averaging around 30-32 miles per gallon. I truly recommend this vehicle.

radio, leather seats, gas mileage,comfort

bigger glove box, offer bose sound system or harmon Kardon, offer black leather with all exterior colors

2009 pilot
By cas

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car/truck.It is very comfortable, easy to handle and very responsive. Have been averaging 20.5 for every day driving (even mix of highway and local).Road noise is no different than other cars I've owned including a Lexus.

Hands-free link, voice activation for nav and audio, back-up camera, premium audio. Everything about this vehicle has exceeded expectations

Console and glove box design

clean
By s barot

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoyed this car very much, it has been very useful through all weather conditions and it has been a very comfortable vehicle to drive. Due to personal reasons I no longer can need ownership of this car.

none.